Looking for a subcompact pistol

Okay, I went to the corner for time out and thought about what I did. In the end I went with a G19 after loud and clear instruction by literally almost everyone. Now I will practice drawing and dry firing until muscle memory gives me the confidence to carry hot and possibly near my balls.

Does anyone have any experience with an IWB holster that has a Safariland-style retention system like ALS that will fit the G19?
So I thought that nobody made an IWB holster with any sort of active retention, but apparently Blackhawk has one with a thumb release-style mechanism: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...JNQDwuhom0Heuy8RIvgr23h4sT_81BjBoCzaIQAvD_BwE

Not the same as what you’re looking for, but it’s the best example I can find right now. IWB doesn’t really lend itself to active retention for concealment reasons, but there might be something out there that fits your needs.

Okay, I went to the corner for time out and thought about what I did. In the end I went with a G19 after loud and clear instruction by literally almost everyone. Now I will practice drawing and dry firing until muscle memory gives me the confidence to carry hot and possibly near my balls.

Does anyone have any experience with an IWB holster that has a Safariland-style retention system like ALS that will fit the G19?
Unless you're vaulting and jumping around for work and HAVE to carry concealed, I don't understand why you need a retention system for a IWB/CC weapon. Even with practice you're gonna have to deal with clearing whatever shirt you're wearing; why do you need active retention?

Unless you're vaulting and jumping around for work and HAVE to carry concealed, I don't understand why you need a retention system for a IWB/CC weapon. Even with practice you're gonna have to deal with clearing whatever shirt you're wearing; why do you need active retention?
That's the realization that I came to pretty quickly.

In the IDF we are trained to have everything attached to us in some way or another. This bleeds into our EDC and other projects- we tie stuff down so that if we are upside down we lose nothing.

My thinking behind this is that if I got into an altercation I don't want the gun falling out if wrestling starts happening. My previous carry was a Makarov in a flimsy neoprene holster that I made even weaker by modifying it so the gun sat super low, so the trauma of always worrying about it hasn't worn off yet.

I want to feel confident that I can engage an opponent in hand-to-hand without the drama of a gun falling out. So many bad things can result from this ranging from awkward to deadly that I just would prefer it never happen. I would want a system that disengages easily and with a gross motor skill movement, something that I absolutely can't fuck up when I need my shooty gun and I need it now. I would think that it would be beneficial to have an active/passive rentention system that indeed locks it in place but can be torn out of the holster when deliberate force is applied.

Almost all holsters have adjustable passive retention. You just adjust the screws on the holster and the gun can be made as easy or difficult to remove as you like.
For sure, I'm referring to possibly having both systems to those who like to/might be in a wrestling situation. I don't want to yank my holster off my belt because the appropriate tension for wrestling-level tension is just too tight for smooth drawing.

I want to be able to make a smooth draw by engaging a mechanism that lets the gun come out like butter but also has a fail-safe that if I absolutely yank it with the appropriate force, the mechanism falls away without dragging the holster with it. Or maybe a fail-safe that lets me straight up yank the gun out, still holstered, but enabling the trigger to be pulled and the slide be unobstructed so continuous firing could happen in an emergency.

The IDF operates like they are in a sea state🌊🐳

They operate like they are in a Jew State. A State of Jewishness.

Equipment isn't lashed to our bodies because we might lose critical tools needed for our survival; equipment is lashed to our bodies so that we don't lose it so the state doesn't have to replace it. They want receipts, not excuses.

They operate like they are in a Jew State. A State of Jewishness.

Equipment isn't lashed to our bodies because we might lose critical tools needed for our survival; equipment is lashed to our bodies so that we don't lose it so the state doesn't have to replace it. They want receipts, not excuses.
He was making a joke.

Chill.

@ODgreen even though we have red tags, we more often than not post as members. We'll make sure you know when we're posting as staff.

What's happening monday?
Ah...you must be new around here! It's a ShadowSpear thing. We celebrate Monday's here in a most excellent way as it's the BEST day of the week according to our most exalted AWP! Overlord of the Week!

Back