M-14 Full Auto?

JBS

Leatherneck
Verified Military
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqbGuy_MwB4[/ame]

Broken disconnector return spring. I had that happen on a 416 I was dialing in... Pull the trigger BOOM, release the trigger BOOM. It's an easy fix.

And yes, REAL M14s were full-auto, though there was a semi-auto lockout key.

So, if those shots sounded simultaneous, he wasn't following through on his trigger squeeze. :uhh: Sorry.. I'm a pain about fundamentals like that.

I've worn out a couple m-14's at Team 1 and haven't seen that issue. Interesting. Sure was quick.

So, if those shots sounded simultaneous, he wasn't following through on his trigger squeeze. :uhh: Sorry.. I'm a pain about fundamentals like that.

I've worn out a couple m-14's at Team 1 and haven't seen that issue. Interesting. Sure was quick.

The other factor, is recoil and lift.......... Third round on FA on a M14 and your shooting the clouds. A two round burst is controllable. If that was FA, I don't think a two round burst is possible.

Not being there.......... I can not say 100%. It did not show him loading only 2 rounds in the rifle or how many rounds. .... or did I miss that?

A slam fire on a M14 would be very dangerous, if it could happen.

What is the Mag capacity on the M-14? 10 rd box?

Are they still using them as a DM?

What is the Mag capacity on the M-14? 10 rd box?

Are they still using them as a DM?

20-rounders. I doubt many are still using them with the SR-25's out now. The newer HK and POF 7.62 piston guns are even better. I'll always have a place for the old M-14, though. Kinda like a P-51 Mustang, or the Ford GT-40. Just a well-done piece of work that'll always be respected.

My guess is that it was staged, it looked scripted to me. I don't know if that's possible; I'm not an armorer, but it seemed odd.

I'm not a big fan of the M-14's, but if they are well cared for and have a low round count then it's a different story.:2c:

My friends that are in tell me that they still teach DM school at Dam Neck with the DMR, which is a heavily modfied M-14.

Broken disconnector return spring. I had that happen on a 416 I was dialing in... Pull the trigger BOOM, release the trigger BOOM. It's an easy fix.

And yes, REAL M14s were full-auto, though there was a semi-auto lockout key.

Common in AR's I don't know about an M14 though...

I could care less about the stupid two shot's, that guy is a retard... Buy a fucking cheak peice you dumb ass and build a solid position. People spend all kinds of money on "cool guy" guns and gear, but don't have a lick of understanding on how to use them... I now hate this man!}:-)

We never used the full auto option on the 14s, at least that I saw. Just too much muzzle climb. The attraction of that weapon for us was that it was 7.62, it ran beautifully in various environments, even when filthy, and it was accurate out to a good 800 yards. When I was at team 1, every man on the team was trained extensively at longer ranges, as well as typical stress course/assault rifle usage. That was a strong shooting bunch. Marksmanship was a critical factor in every single training evolution. It's harder to get that with the 5.56 weapons, even with the improved ammo.

I would have to think that a platoon of Marines in a defensive position, all slung up with their M-14s would be a hard-shooting bunch back in the day. Don't want to sound like a broken record, but I really hated to see our military move away from the 7.62 round. The 6.8 might be the next step back in the right direction, but as I understand it, the political red tape just isn't likely to allow it, no matter how much sense it really makes.

Man bullets for man targets, dammit!

I really liked the M14.......... But it was a unruly beast of FA.

Also, I am pretty sure the M14 fire group and the M1A1 firing group are not the same. Like the M1 carbine, the M14 with the addition of some parts was easily converted to a select fire rifle. I believe (can be wrong) that can not be done to the M1A1. Like the civilian M1 Carbines can not be converted with those parts as the military M1 Carbine can be.

I qualled with the 14 at PI but we never got the chance to go FA. That would have been interesting. :D

But I loved shooting it. We got 16s at Geiger.

The only time I could think of when we would have used Full Auto with the 14's was right before bugging out in an Australian peel. I still think it's more effective to just pick up the rate of Semi Auto. We used to try everything to see what worked, especially with demo. Some things seem cool until you actually play with it and see what works best. I think the 14 on Full Auto might just be in that category, save a few specialized applications.

Speaking of the M14, I dug out some old photos to add to my website. Here's one of them:

Attachments

• m14.jpg
    m14.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 40
Some more cool pics.

Attachments

• 060628_Bahrain_USN1.jpg
    060628_Bahrain_USN1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 070228_USAF_Kandahar_Airfield_Afghan1.jpg
    070228_USAF_Kandahar_Airfield_Afghan1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 18