Mass Shooting in Thousand Oaks, CA

Going back to my post at the top of page 1 in this thread. This is why I get so freeking frustrated when I see the PTS tag thrown around before anything is officially verified.

US Marines say they have no record of California gunman telling doctors was suffering from PTSD | Daily Mail Online

The US Marines say they have no record that the former service member who killed 11 people in a California bar ever contacted the Corps for PTSD issues.

Ian Long, 28, a former machine gunner, served in Afghanistan between 2010 and 2011, eventually leaving the service in 2013.

TMZ reported that Long allegedly suffered from PTSD for years, and the Marines told the outlet that he never indicated that he was suffering from mental health issues.

A representative for the US Department for Veteran's Affairs also told the website that Long never enrolled in VA healthcare either.

I'm with you @Ooh-Rah as well as your early comments in re: to the news media reporting he was a former Marine blah-blah as though it had anything to with his actions.

Fucker had a screw loose. Wanted to off himself but was too chicken shit to die alone. Nothing to read into it. He's just like all the other evil fucks who've done shit like this. Hell ain't hot enough.

He was a murderer that happened to have been a Marine. Nothing more or less.

In today's climate, any time a "veteran" does something like this, he automatically has PTSD. They simply can't wrap their minds around the fact that he was simply a murderer. Just another way to prevent anyone from having to take *personal accountability* for their sick actions.

All this media yakyak and zero conversation on how to stop it. The left believes the gun is the cause and right doesn’t do anything. If it’s mental illness( which I believe it is and ONLY is) then why haven’t politicians with the power started something to treat the problem instead of band aiding it all the time? I for one am disgusted with ALL of the political/media scene. This event wasn’t even completely investigated before the call to ban arms went viral. Sports teams are even on the rant. Holding signs ENOUGH. Solve it or arm everyone. Yea I’m jaded but Fuck this...it’s madness.

Back