McGregor/Mayweather Fight

I don't get all the debate. I saw this coming a mile away. Floyd Mayweather is a phenomenal boxer. I wouldn't call him the greatest of all time or anything but he is certainly one of the best boxers of this decade. McGregor had almost zero chance of defeating Mayweather in a boxing ring with boxing rules. Things would have been different in the Octagon obviously or on a tennis court, golf course, or foosball table.

I would have like to see how Tyson would have fared in UFC when he was in his prime before he went to jail and went crazy. I still think Ali was the greatest boxer of all time but Tyson was something else. Imagine all that power and savagery in the octagon. He certainly would lack grappling skills but a Mike Tyson punch in a UFC glove would kill a horse.

Tyson was also very determined and dedicated to his craft. I think he would have applied that energy to round himself out as an MMA fighter. Its not easy for a 5'10 fighter to dominate the heavy weight division against bigger and taller opponents. I remember how mad people would get when they paid $100 bucks for a 30 second fight.

Sports Illustrated once asked Mike Tyson which boxer, of any era and weight class, he would like to fight. He said Floyd Mayweather. I would love to see how one of the greatest defensive boxers would fare against the greatest puncher of all time (assuming they were both magically in the same weight class).

Sports Illustrated once asked Mike Tyson which boxer, of any era and weight class, he would like to fight. He said Floyd Mayweather. I would love to see how one of the greatest defensive boxers would fare against the greatest puncher of all time (assuming they were both magically in the same weight class).
I could get behind that or a Sugar Ray Leonard and Mayweather Jr. fight both in their primes.

Mike Tyson was also asked what was his best punch, to which he responded, "It was when I fought Robin in Steve Lott's apartment. She really offended me and I went BAM. She flew backwards, hitting every wall in the apartment," Tyson recalled. "That was the best punch I've ever thrown in my entire life."

I respect him as a fighter but he was a terrible human being. So is Mayweather.

Back