Medical Question

Spiderman

Unverified
I may be in the wrong place to ask this question but I thought I would give it a shot.
I am currently in the process of enlisting in the Air Force with the goal of becoming a Battlefield Airman. In March of this year I had meniscus surgery due to a sports injury. A chunk of my meniscus was removed and one tear was sutured. It was a 6 month recovery however, I was released in 4.5 months. I have always had an active lifestyle playing multiple sports and in the last few months have ramped up my workout regimen exponentially. My knee holds me back from nothing, I had a full recovery with no limitations. I am going to MEPS Sept. 14th - 15th and my recruiter has informed me of the PULHES. Ultimately it will come down to the score I receive on the Lower extremities wether I get the chance at the job I want. If anyone has ever been through a similar experience or has any info on what to expect it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for taking the time to read!

Bring x-rays showing the knee and portion of meniscus removal/repair. Preferably an updated one within the last 90 days.

I had a meniscus tear 'trimmed' and was explained that they were looking for potential further tearing and degeneration for bone on bone. I did have to go and get updated x-rays, but got a 1/L. This was back in 2001, so things may have changed, but it appeared to be very doctor opinion dependent.

Not sure if that helps, but all I have to offer. Good luck!

Back