MEPS/Recruitment/Indoc process

Bullshit detector "on"

Because you have a pretty big attitude for someone who's done jack and shit in the military. You could've said, "Well it's actually a personal/medically embarrassing/whateverthefuck issue and I prefer not to disclose it right now." Instead, you get a fucking attitude and start spouting off about " I could give a shit.....no skin off my back." Motherfucker, you came here, we didn't invite you. So don't act like we're all waiting with baited breath to find out if you actually followed through on something. It was a simple question.

I apologize for the verbiage, Ooh-Rah. I was pretty pissed about the circumstances and didn't wanna get flame-baited into saying too much. I'll fill you guys in once I can.

All of you, knock it off. I don't want to see another post on the subject. Calling a guy out is one thing, some of the wording I've seen is another. I think it is safe to say that we expect a little more from some of you.

@Six-Two just about everything you've posted makes you sound like a fraud. We've seen more posers and BS artists than you can imagine follow nearly the same path: shifting and varied goals, a "cake and eat it too" mentality, "oh, there's a small problem but I'm going to be coy with my explanation", name/ unit dropping...when we add it up it smells to high heaven.

So here's the thing: I'm leaving this thread open for the time being. The thread's sole purpose is for the OP to return and say he enlisted, didn't enlist, joined a circus, defected to Dooronthewayoutistan...whatever.

If you aren't on staff or the OP, stay out of this until the OP updates us...

and we ARE expecting updates.

THEN we'll entertain the "Post Reply" button.

Questions, comments, and hate mail go to yours truly.

All of you, knock it off. I don't want to see another post on the subject. Calling a guy out is one thing, some of the wording I've seen is another. I think it is safe to say that we expect a little more from some of you.

@Six-Two just about everything you've posted makes you sound like a fraud. We've seen more posers and BS artists than you can imagine follow nearly the same path: shifting and varied goals, a "cake and eat it too" mentality, "oh, there's a small problem but I'm going to be coy with my explanation", name/ unit dropping...when we add it up it smells to high heaven.

So here's the thing: I'm leaving this thread open for the time being. The thread's sole purpose is for the OP to return and say he enlisted, didn't enlist, joined a circus, defected to Dooronthewayoutistan...whatever.

THEN we'll entertain the "Post Reply" button.

Questions, comments, and hate mail go to yours truly.

Suits me fine, sir. As I say, I'm here to get as much info as I can to make an informed decision, as I'll be 28 in a month and a week and don't have the temporal real estate to sign the wrong contract. When that information gets replaced with insults and online call-outs, it's not worth the trouble, hence my rather ornery post (which again, I apologize for - it was more frustration with being dealt a shitty hand and getting the usual grief for it on top of that than at Ooh-Rah in particular).

As far as the "Unit Dropping," I can really only recall ever alluding to one friend, who's a SEAL I grew up in the same small town as. We're not besties, but we've gotten drunk together a couple of times and he's been kind enough to share some info and tips over the last few months. He runs Half Face Blades; some of you may know him or his awesome work.

Anyway, I'll do my due diligence elsewhere or glean what I can from separate threads or individual members. Thanks to those who have offered help, patience, and advice so far. It is greatly appreciated.

Suits me fine, sir. As I say, I'm here...

The thread's sole purpose is for the OP to return and say he enlisted, didn't enlist, joined a circus, defected to Dooronthewayoutistan...whatever.

Fail, fail, fail....fail.

Mainly just want to get on a cool assignment,

Nugget... read this thread, about 100 times.

I'm guessing your current place of employment, and the attendant lifestyle of many in that same type of job, is a huge snag in your enlistment process.

You try to come across as all high speed and motivated, but all we've heard since you joined the site is "I'm cool, I'm gonna do <insert SOF unit/job here>". Then days or weeks or months later ," <insert excuse for not trying out for or getting into this service/SOF unit>". And now... "My enlistment has hit a snag, but I won't discuss it on an open forum."

This is what I think:

Flag on the post.jpg

Back