MH-X3

Part of me is happy the speculation is going on.
Maybe we can now apply that technology to a larger part of the fleet. CSAR-X could take another direction based on stealth technology.

If I may ask, what is the general opinion from the SS members on the author of the article?

Who, Sean Naylor?

He's a mediocre writer with some extraordinarily well-placed sources and a complete disregard for security and the safety of our fighting men and women.

Who, Sean Naylor?

He's a mediocre writer with some extraordinarily well-placed sources and a complete disregard for security and the safety of our fighting men and women.

Are we talking Sean Naylor or Mark Bowden? Sometimes I'm just confused.....

This specific instance, Naylor. But you could cut/paste names and it would still be applicable.

The thing that pisses me off the most is not the authors- it's the people who give them the information necessary for them to be successful authors.

It couldn't have been all that stealth and quiet... There was a local blogging about the rotary wing aircraft coming in for the op.

You can only do so much to silence a helo. People think JAFO in the back can flip a switch into Whisper Mode and suddenly the Blue Thunder goes silent. Fail.

The same with stealth aircraft: it doesn't just disappear from your radar's scope.

Why don't people understand this?

The thing that pisses me off the most is not the authors- it's the people who give them the information necessary for them to be successful authors.

Do you think he and Bowden are sitting outside the gate to Dam Neck attempting to one up each other for the story using all sorts of farm animals and kitchen utensils?

Do you think he and Bowden are sitting outside the gate to Dam Neck attempting to one up each other for the story using all sorts of farm animals and kitchen utensils?

Nope; they don't need to, people will go to them :mad: Of the two, my money's on Bowden for the scoop.

You can only do so much to silence a helo. People think JAFO in the back can flip a switch into Whisper Mode and suddenly the Blue Thunder goes silent. Fail.

The same with stealth aircraft: it doesn't just disappear from your radar's scope.

Why don't people understand this?

It's not stealth, it's intergalactic space jumping; they push a button and "poof" where the fuck did they go. ;)

Next time we do a major hit, we should just dump some random garbage on the site when we exfil, maybe some R&D that didn't pan out. Then we should fly a Pred over and shoot Hellfires at it and miss, just to make it convincing.

Next time we do a major hit, we should just dump some random garbage on the site when we exfil, maybe some R&D that didn't pan out. Then we should fly a Pred over and shoot Hellfires at it an miss, just to make it convincing.

LOL, I like your train of thought. I'd be doing that all over the place.

That's funny Mara
I had to make a debris field in the ocean once and I often wondered what someone thought when they found the items we used. I can see the chatter, monkey experimental cages found with military items surrounded by office equipment and animal bones. speculating monkeys to man new american attack submersibles. :thumbsup:

Next time we do a major hit, we should just dump some random garbage on the site when we exfil, maybe some R&D that didn't pan out. Then we should fly a Pred over and shoot Hellfires at it and miss, just to make it convincing.

It's not stealth, it's intergalactic space jumping; they push a button and "poof" where the fuck did they go. ;)

sooooo......the infinite improbability drive has been perfected... now that's cool....

That's not EXINT.... that's WejustfuckedwithyousobadyouwillnevergetoveritINT

Back