Squat-405
Deadlift-475
Clean-290

APFT as of monday(diagnostic):
Push-ups-88
Situps-70
2 mile run: 13:20

12 mile ruck-2:30ish

Now, anything past 3 miles and my run times plummet(8minute-ish/mile) and I don't even want to know what id get in a 500m+swim. But work capacity is through the roof. Best shape I've ever been in. I follow his nutrition advice, meat/fish/eggs and veggies, some nuts and a little fruit. Black coffee and water. Saturday's is for booze and junk food.

Rob Shaul is the real deal. Well worth the $30 a month in my opinion.

I agreed with you for the first 3-4 months that I did MA, then it became repetitive and boring and I lost interest.
Also, I've never understood people who can do more push ups than sit ups. What's up with that?

I agreed with you for the first 3-4 months that I did MA, then it became repetitive and boring and I lost interest.
Also, I've never understood people who can do more push ups than sit ups. What's up with that?

I went through a boredom stage with MA as well. I've come full circle though and finally realized that it's the mark of true high-level programming. The physical requirements for military athletes are fairly well known. They need to be specifically trained to. The CrossFit approach keeps you interested, but is not a program that will build the mil specific fitness that MA does.

I went through a boredom stage with MA as well. I've come full circle though and finally realized that it's the mark of true high-level programming. The physical requirements for military athletes are fairly well known. They need to be specifically trained to. The CrossFit approach keeps you interested, but is not a program that will build the mil specific fitness that MA does.
Is that true for MA in general or just their "XYZ based selection programs"? And has MA changed their programming in the last 12-24 months or is it more or less the same as it has been?
Also, you have a better understanding of the programming than I do, how would you rank MA up against TFB and SOFWOD? Does MA win out because it trains to specific goals?

Is that true for MA in general or just their "XYZ based selection programs"? And has MA changed their programming in the last 12-24 months or is it more or less the same as it has been?
Also, you have a better understanding of the programming than I do, how would you rank MA up against TFB and SOFWOD? Does MA win out because it trains to specific goals?

It's true for them in general. Their programming has become more structured. They've also re-done their endurance/stamina work to be less time consuming.

My personal opinion is that MA is a better program for guys already in, and their specific plans are the best choice if you happen to be heading to one of those schools/selections. TFB and SOFWODs are better suited as a general purpose program for SOF candidates. They're all 3 great programs and I certainly don't have anything negative to say about TFB or SOFWODs. As you know, I've done all 3. I just keep coming back to MA though.

CDG, do you know anyone that has used fatalfitness? They are the only ones I know of with a TACP specific plan.
Reed

It's true for them in general. Their programming has become more structured. They've also re-done their endurance/stamina work to be less time consuming.

My personal opinion is that MA is a better program for guys already in, and their specific plans are the best choice if you happen to be heading to one of those schools/selections. TFB and SOFWODs are better suited as a general purpose program for SOF candidates. They're all 3 great programs and I certainly don't have anything negative to say about TFB or SOFWODs. As you know, I've done all 3. I just keep coming back to MA though.
I might have to check them out again. I hate trying to make up my own programming outside of 5/3/1. Thanks for the info, bro.

CDG, do you know anyone that has used fatalfitness? They are the only ones I know of with a TACP specific plan.
Reed

I don't. I had looked at it when I was first starting out to be a TACP and thought MA was a better program. I know they've updated their site and started charging monthly dues for the workouts. I never subscribed though, so I don't know what their workouts look like these days. I'm about to start using a specialty plan to prep for the SOF TACP Selection, but I will probably check FF out afterwards to see how it compares to MAs daily programming. Won't be until early March though. As far as specific plans, I think MAs ruck-based selection plan is a good one to use for the TACP pipeline. The Ranger School plan would be another good one, that's the one I'm starting soon.

I might have to check them out again. I hate trying to make up my own programming outside of 5/3/1. Thanks for the info, bro.

To quote Dan John, "If you coach yourself, you have an idiot for a client." ;-) I know there are guys here that do it very well, like @Etype. I am not one of those guys though, and I do much better with a laid out program. I think most people will see better gains and faster results by following programming from somewhere else.

Reed

I did fatal fitness for a while. I have the TACP ETG. IMO it's no where close to SOF wods or MA.

I don't. I had looked at it when I was first starting out to be a TACP and thought MA was a better program. I know they've updated their site and started charging monthly dues for the workouts. I never subscribed though, so I don't know what their workouts look like these days. I'm about to start using a specialty plan to prep for the SOF TACP Selection, but I will probably check FF out afterwards to see how it compares to MAs daily programming. Won't be until early March though. As far as specific plans, I think MAs ruck-based selection plan is a good one to use for the TACP pipeline. The Ranger School plan would be another good one, that's the one I'm starting soon.

I have them both if you want them.

As far as push-ups over situps. It's the reason I didn't get a ranger slot at AIT. I've always been terrible at situps. I'm 6'1" and 215lbs. I'm by no means super lean but even with calisthenic work, sand bag getups and lots of core work through MA I'm still bad at situps. Maybe it's mental idk

Last edited by a moderator:
To quote Dan John, "If you coach yourself, you have an idiot for a client." ;-) I know there are guys here that do it very well, like @Etype. I am not one of those guys though, and I do much better with a laid out program. I think most people will see better gains and faster results by following programming from somewhere else.
I'm the same way, brother. After my 5/3/1 sets each day, I flip through a few different CF pages and choose a WOD that could serve as extra accessory work. I don't like thinking any more than I have to. I might look into getting back into MA after the new year. I plan on sticking with 5/3/1 for the foreseeable future, but I'm always open to new ideas for HIIT work to go along with it.

As far as push-ups over situps. It's the reason I didn't get a ranger slot at AIT. I've always been terrible at situps. I'm 6'1" and 215lbs. I'm by no means super lean but even with calisthenic work, sand bag getups and lots of core work through MA I'm still bad at situps. Maybe it's mental idk
I'm 6'2" and I suck at push ups. I can knock out 80 sit ups with no problem, but I struggle to break 60 push ups in 2 minutes. I always have. MA did great things for my core strength. Different strokes, different folks...

I'm the same way, brother. After my 5/3/1 sets each day, I flip through a few different CF pages and choose a WOD that could serve as extra accessory work. I don't like thinking any more than I have to. I might look into getting back into MA after the new year. I plan on sticking with 5/3/1 for the foreseeable future, but I'm always open to new ideas for HIIT work to go along with it.

I'm 6'2" and I suck at push ups. I can knock out 80 sit ups with no problem, but I struggle to break 60 push ups in 2 minutes. I always have. MA did great things for my core strength. Different strokes, different folks...

Exactly. I can legitimately do zero push-ups for a month, take a pt test and they'll drop only a couple of reps. Situps on the other hand? 1SG would be in my face screaming at me bc I probably failed.

MA has continued to release quality programs and packets. The main reason I'm posting is to get their Stuck In A Motel Plan out there. I just came back from a weeklong TDY where it was tough to try and get quality workouts in that made sense. For those who travel frequently and don't have access to some of the types of gyms we have at our units, enjoy.

http://strongswiftdurable.com/shop/...JPWiyF6neXhhXQ4mtCUSpwn2DZKafQ&_hsmi=16677075

Has anyone tried the Rat 6 strength program?

I'm debating between the Big 24 and this one.

I'm currently doing the Hypertrophy for Skinny Guys plan, and would like to focus on strength after this.

The strength coach that I am interning under developed a program similar to 5-3-1 and he has put many of players into the NFL, including Demarcus Ware, and a ton of others.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Back