MSG(Ret.) William "Chief" Carlson - OGA

dknob

Ranger
Verified SOF
I just wanted to mention Chief for the simple fact that nobody ever does, and is not on the official USASOC Fallen Heroes page, when in fact I think he should be, but technicalities cannot be bypassed.

Chief Carlson served with the 75th, from there he moved to Group, until he passed selection and was assigned to Delta as an operator. He spent the remaining years in the military as an operator until he retired after 20 years in the Army. Shortly after his retirement, Chief took on an employment with the CIA, he deployed almost immediately to Afghanistan. Where he and another former SOF operator (ST6 I believe, Chris Mueller) were killed in an enemy ambush.

He won't be found on USASOCs wall as he is no longer USASOC. But from what I understand, no Delta memorial in existence does not come equipped without a picture of Chief next to the other fallen brothers. So I thought it would be worth mentioning.

(Btw, this is not PERSEC or OPSEC, his name can be found next to his star at CIA headquarters)

http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/gallery/abb/fans/Cheif3.jpg

He is mentioned often and remembered fondly across the street at AR.com. He was the personification of the QP.

Blue skies always Chief.

~S~

all official press releases state he was a "contractor" working for the CIA.

What was his parent company?

He was an independent contractor if I remember correctly. A lot of those guys are...

Back