My Random TV Thread

Amazon already fucked that up with his own movie, "Without Remorse". The movie is an abomination.

The namesake book is one of my all time favorites, and true Clancy. It's not even close to the source material.

I can count on three fingers the number of movies I did not finish; TV series, two hands. I did not get through that movie. It was plain awful.

Jack Ryan S3 was pretty good, but as others have mentioned it is Hunt for Red October-esque. It is entertaining and really I think it is written for people who aren't familiar with Clancy's work, unlike those of us who devoured his books over the years.

The lack of a girlfriend angle and discussing Greer being Muslim was nice though. Pointing to a photo of "F-16's at Aviano" and showing F-18's and an E-2 on the deck of a carrier though...

Season 4 of Fauda dropped on Netflix. Saw the first episode, the last 10 minutes make the first 50 worth it.
Wow. I kind of forgot about this show after season 3 and never watched 4; looks like I have some catching up to do.

My favorite quote for the series:

Eli to Shirin after essentially betraying her.

“That’s how it is sometimes, the world is shit”.

Wow. I kind of forgot about this show after season 3 and never watched 4; looks like I have some catching up to do.

My favorite quote for the series:

Eli to Shirin after essentially betraying her.

“That’s how it is sometimes, the world is shit”.

There was a HUGE gap between seasons 3 and 4, maybe 2 years? Enough where I spent most of the first episode just trying to remember who's who and why this guy is pissed at that guy (non-spoiler spoiler: they do address this issue for about 3 minutes near the end).

Back