My Random TV Thread

Wife and I have been watching Mayor of Kingstown. It's entertaining. To bad there may never be a season 3, with Jeremy Renner's current condition.

I enjoyed it up until about season 1, episode 7. Then the wheels fell off. In typical Taylor Sheridan fashion, he took a pretty fanciful, but still entertaining, storyline and turned it to the utterly absurd -- to the point of almost being unwatchable.

Sheridan's storylines are a mystery to me. I don't know how he manages to be so close, yet so far at the same time. It feels like someone with vision and talent started writing his shows, then somewhere along the way, they quit or got fired and they brought in the lowest bidder to do a quick wrap up.

Started watching True Detective on HBO. REALLY like it. Some of my favorite actors, very interesting plot lines.
I'll have to pick it up from Season 2, which I never finished after having been thoroughly spoiled by Season 1.

Glad you're enjoying it. Let me know if S2 delivers, if you're not already through it; I may pick it up again when I have time.

Daddario!
Indeed.

16709518967007.jpg

I also watched "We Own the City." I especially liked how many actors were also in another favorite series of mine, "The Wire." Especially the ones who were in very different roles between the two shows. My only regret was that there was no "Omar" in WOTC.

Me, watching "We Own the City" and seeing actors from "The Wire:"

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Hit & Run, series on Netflix, the actor who plays the main character is also the actor who plays the main character on Fauda, same production company, too.

I've only seen the first episode, but I'm in. It is a crime/drama/thriller with undertones of spook.

Back