My Random TV Thread

@AWP

Seal Team Season 7 about to drop....

:ninja:8-) :ROFLMAO:

I had no idea they were still dropping new episodes. Boreanaz must not be getting any other offers.

I enjoyed it as something to watch without taking seriously up until Max Thieriot was written out to go to his own show. Think that's when it left CSB proper as well.

I don't have Paramount+, I'd like to see it from episode 1 to now.

Yeah, I don't think you'd enjoy it as much without starting from the beginning. It pops up as free on different platforms every now and again, or did before Paramount+ started locking their catalog down.

I had no idea they were still dropping new episodes. Boreanaz must not be getting any other offers.

I enjoyed it as something to watch without taking seriously up until Max Thieriot was written out to go to his own show. Think that's when it left CSB proper as well.

Yeah, I don't think you'd enjoy it as much without starting from the beginning. It pops up as free on different platforms every now and again, or did before Paramount+ started locking their catalog down.

I've seen probably half the episodes from each season until they move to Paramount +. Enough so that you could understand the ongoing storyline, but also few enough that I had questions.

I am no fan of the Navy SEALs in general, and specifically of some of the antics of ST6, as we've discussed another threads. That said, one of my best friends, now retired, spent 20 years in the SEAL teams (none at DevGru), but he's very much like the Max T. character both in physical build and personality. He gives off an under appreciated cerebral nature but looks like a surfer dude.

Well hell…not happy to read this.

Evan Wright, author of 'Generation Kill,' dies at 59 — Fox News

Evan Wright, the author of the book "Generation Kill," who gained significant notoriety as a journalist when he embedded himself with the U.S. Marine Corps’ 1st Reconnaissance Battalion in 2003, has died at the age of 59.

The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office listed Wright's cause of death on Friday as a gunshot wound to the head. He reportedly died by suicide.

American Desperado was very good.

He wrote about a lot of dark shit. Iris Chang comes to mind as well, someone who researched and wrote about some super dark shit and ultimately took her life. I wonder if the subject matter(s) and end are related. A damn shame.

Wild, Wild Space on HBO is kind of interesting if you're into the private space race. It covers a lot of Astra's efforts, as well as other civilian satellite and rocket efforts (not Space X so much as "the others").

One topic they touched on, which seems to be a bit larger issue than I thought, is the amount of debris in low orbit. Some interesting graphics tracking it all.

Wild, Wild Space on HBO is kind of interesting if you're into the private space race. It covers a lot of Astra's efforts, as well as other civilian satellite and rocket efforts (not Space X so much as "the others").

One topic they touched on, which seems to be a bit larger issue than I thought, is the amount of debris in low orbit. Some interesting graphics tracking it all.

I went down the debris rabbit hole...wow. He timelapse video below is kind of staggering.
ARES | Orbital Debris Program Office | Debris Modeling

Well hell…not happy to read this.

Evan Wright, author of 'Generation Kill,' dies at 59 — Fox News

Evan Wright, the author of the book "Generation Kill," who gained significant notoriety as a journalist when he embedded himself with the U.S. Marine Corps’ 1st Reconnaissance Battalion in 2003, has died at the age of 59.

The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office listed Wright's cause of death on Friday as a gunshot wound to the head. He reportedly died by suicide.
Thought this was worth the read…

Why No One Could Capture the Experience of Junior Enlisted Marines Like 'Generation Kill' Author Evan Wright

Back