My wife got me one of these

Zeus
Apollo
Hades
Chuck Norris

I have a dog name Luna, and had a cat named Apollo. Apollo chased a bright light into the street and it killed him. Greek/Roman God/goddesses are the way to go with naming dogs.

A friend of mine breeds and trains Mals. He shared with me a story...Apparently he gave 2 Mals to his brother-in-law that lives in W. Texas. One day he went outside to find that his 2 new dogs went and took down a cow as a team. Definitely aggressive dogs that need to work...but they're badasses.

There's an angus beef-cattle ranch on the other side of my north fenceline. I hope I never have to pay for a whole cow, calf or steer. Little Troll-Man or whatever I end up callin him better get used to Purina Dog Chow.

There's an angus beef-cattle ranch on the other side of my north fenceline. I hope I never have to pay for a whole cow, calf or steer. Little Troll-Man or whatever I end up callin him better get used to Purina Dog Chow.

don't feed him purina dog chow, please, pretty please with sugar on top:-o:youllpay:.... go with a high quality, low ash, low filler food like Taste of the Wild or AvoDerm, the dog will not poop as much, will not fart as much, the liver and kidneys will not take a beating, and you can mix 2 high wuality foods to keep the protein levels right (most dog foods are too high in protein, especially the puppy foods) try t okeep the protein levels at about 22-25%, and keep the crude fats/omega-3's in the 10% range... Puppies on a too high protein diet out grow themselves and end up having issues that can last a lifetime. puppies in the wild, after weaning, get the leftovers that the Alphas and Betas leave...

The mals that took down the cow, well, probably bored and needed something to do... working dogs need to work...

Just my .02

Here is a name for you:

e67.jpg

"... And hear him sing the song that ends the world."

The breeder called. My lil Mal pup was born yesterday and will be ready to pick up in April. I'm kicking PT ass at VA rehab and promise I will be lean and mean and ready to train him when the time comes. I may build a doggie obstacle course for him. Can't wait to see him...and sic him on somebody :sneaky:

Now that you know (kinda sorta anyway ;-) ) what you are getting yourself into, I cannot wait to see pics!

Thanks much for the update.

don't feed him purina dog chow, please, pretty please with sugar on top:-o:youllpay:.... go with a high quality, low ash, low filler food like Taste of the Wild or AvoDerm, the dog will not poop as much, will not fart as much, the liver and kidneys will not take a beating, and you can mix 2 high wuality foods to keep the protein levels right (most dog foods are too high in protein, especially the puppy foods) try t okeep the protein levels at about 22-25%, and keep the crude fats/omega-3's in the 10% range... Puppies on a too high protein diet out grow themselves and end up having issues that can last a lifetime. puppies in the wild, after weaning, get the leftovers that the Alphas and Betas leave...

The mals that took down the cow, well, probably bored and needed something to do... working dogs need to work...

Just my .02

FYI, Purina has a state of the art research facility that does nothing but study animal diets for their foods. They spend millions of dollars doing that. Doesn't mean that they are the best, but can a small "organic, natural, mother earth friendly" brand say they have the same kind of extensive research backing their claims for healthiness? I'm not endorsing them, but I know Vets that visited their facilities and were very impressed.
ALL legal animal food meets the FDA's requirements for growth and maintenance for the species it was designed for.

Purina puppy chow, little bit of similack baby formula, eggs, cooked ground beef and chicken or pork are all the menus for my puppies. Don't over do it, but the first 6 months really helps in their development. Than I'll move to more dry food supplementing with cooked meats and raw egg's.

Never over feed or allow them to get fat, just keep it balanced with exercise and quality foods.

$.02

Back