Navy removes gendered terms in its official SEAL ethos

Doesn't Spanish treat some words as masculine when comprised of both women and men? Why can't we just do that? I haven't seen a Latin SJW speak about that one...

Doesn't Spanish treat some words as masculine when comprised of both women and men? Why can't we just do that? I haven't seen a Latin SJW speak about that one...

Because we don't speak a derivation of a romance language.. but there is indeed a Latinx movement, although small

Because we don't speak a derivation of a romance language.. but there is indeed a Latinx movement, although small
Can't we just identify English as a romance language and call it good?

And you know I meant this whole gender neutral thing is ridiculous to begin with.

There are no more jokes. Only serious conversations.

And English isn’t a derivative of a Romance language at all. It’s every bit as tansactional as German.
Real talk. At VMI we changed no language. Women and Men who are in the same class call each other Brother Rat. It is normal and not weird. When you join a culture willingly, you conform to that culture. I call the women whom I graduated with Brother Rat, Friend, and uh for one-Birthday Twin (we still wish each other happy birthday).

*Welcome to my Ted Talk.

She’s didn’t go through BUD/s as a woman. I know this because she is dating one of the sailors in my command.
Let me preemptively post that yes I’m sure you all have opinions on this but keep in mind that this is a new military and those of us in active service must support ALL personnel in uniform, regardless of how you feel about it. So feel free to keep your jokes on this to yourselves.

She’s didn’t go through BUD/s as a woman. I know this because she is dating one of the sailors in my command.
Sir,

To clarify for my own understanding, are you saying she went to BUD’s as a male and has now transitioned into a female...and is an active SEAL?

I am reminded of one of the essential, foundational tenets of military service: "You don't have to like it, you just have to do it".

But my father, and his siblings, his generation and older who have all moved on to the Great Beyond? They would be rolling over in their graves if they knew.

Let me preemptively post that yes I’m sure you all have opinions on this but keep in mind that this is a new military and those of us in active service must support ALL personnel in uniform, regardless of how you feel about it. So feel free to keep your jokes on this to yourselves.
Oh shit no drama I knew this story. I literally forgot about it. No jokes from this end.

I just can't find myself getting worked up over making language "gender neutral". Standards and expectations, sure, but not words.

Sir,

To clarify for my own understanding, are you saying she went to BUD’s as a male and has now transitioned into a female...and is an active SEAL?

Obviously I'm in no position to clarify the statement, but this would be the second SEAL who's transitioned(and first possibly still serving) that I've heard of other than Kristin Beck.

If you are unfamiliar, she was a member of ST6 and transitioned after retiring. Very interesting story.

Transgender Navy Seal Kristin Beck’s Greatest Challenge

Do you happen to know whether she was grandfathered in with the others prior to April of last year or whether NSW instead approved a waiver request for her?

Back