Navy Sarc

littlefish1112

Unverified
I'm looking to go SARC and just curious do any of them ever get an opportunity to attend the JTAC school? I think it'd be a pretty cool qual to have

I doubt it because your niche is so specialized. However I do not know for sure. On the otherhand, SEAL and SWCC both are able to attend JTAC.
Thanks for the reply, seal is definitely something I'd like to do but my yg isn't being looked at anymore. I kinda blew my chance in 2nd phase. So just looking forward and jtac is a job ive been wanting to do. But I also have aspirations of doing something in the medical field later on in life so SARC seems fitting. It would just be a bonus to get the qual. Thanks for the insight!

SWCC Goes to Special Operations Tactical Medic or possibly Special Operations Combat Medic School also. That’s the only way I can foresee you possibly being a medic and a JTAC at the same time, although it’s incredibly rare to score both schools.

I’m sorry to hear about you getting dropped in second phase. For everyone else reading, that means he got dropped AFTER finishing hell week. I’ve seen that happen to guys and that is just awful. It’s happened to guys post Tour in SWCC a lot also.

Last edited:
Honestly, if youre a SARC, the last thing in the world you’ll be worried about is getting to JTAC school once youre in the job and doing it.

Right now youre just young & excited to get going into the service - nobody blames you fir your eagerness. But in the idea of a little mentorship consider how those two jobs interact and how quickly they pull apart..

From the example of a traditional OEF/IF/IR sense alone: JTAC is constantly trying to find work out on any objective. He’s working his radios alongside the GFC’s walking antenna farm of comm & sig managing and controlling assets coming in and out from likely a C2 position, designated truck, whatever. He’s very much in the fight but he’s also farting around with entry points, play times, grids, and talking to pilots. He’s in a great position to get behind a 60mm tube or a long gun if said long gun guy is feeling generous. Crew served weapons always appreciate tender hands too.

SARC is very likely with the main element pushing the fight with the guys and hoping to hell he doesnt wind up having to suddenly work on someone or even himself. He knows the whole scheme of maneuver through and through, knows his primary & secondary pre-planned emergency evac points (none of them look like the map study), and his MBTR is just waiting for the right moment to shit the bed. Also everyone knows he wishes he joined the Marine Corps instead..

All seriousness though..

Times are different as we shift to near peer and Ive never experienced that sort of conflict but I depicted that very small glimpse but familiar story to demonstrate what those two jobs entail.

Both of these jobs are HUGE on their own. They are arguably the most important jobs of now and back then. A lot of people are home with their families today because of the jobs those guys performed.

Only way an Ops chief signs off on your school nom to JTAC is if the class is so short on students its at risk for being cancelled. Even then a radio operator or someone more justifiable than the Navy SARC is going to go - the fuckin motor t guy might get the nod before you.

Thats okay though because SARCS & Corpsman are my favorite Marines anyway. Hope you make it to the end bud, cheers.

Its not realistic. Youre making yourself a burden if I'm being honest.

You want to be the teams lifeline, and control air assets to help gain advantage and superiority on the battle field? Theres just too many situations that would force you to pick one or other, i highly doubt you could do both, unless it was a really slow/niche deployment

I'm sure other units/smaller teams have situations where guys need to be both. But its not at the white SOF/12-20 man team - level shit. You can spread load those capabilities better and among a dude whos skill sets compliment it.

Honestly, if youre a SARC, the last thing in the world you’ll be worried about is getting to JTAC school once youre in the job and doing it.

Right now youre just young & excited to get going into the service - nobody blames you fir your eagerness. But in the idea of a little mentorship consider how those two jobs interact and how quickly they pull apart..

From the example of a traditional OEF/IF/IR sense alone: JTAC is constantly trying to find work out on any objective. He’s working his radios alongside the GFC’s walking antenna farm of comm & sig managing and controlling assets coming in and out from likely a C2 position, designated truck, whatever. He’s very much in the fight but he’s also farting around with entry points, play times, grids, and talking to pilots. He’s in a great position to get behind a 60mm tube or a long gun if said long gun guy is feeling generous. Crew served weapons always appreciate tender hands too.

SARC is very likely with the main element pushing the fight with the guys and hoping to hell he doesnt wind up having to suddenly work on someone or even himself. He knows the whole scheme of maneuver through and through, knows his primary & secondary pre-planned emergency evac points (none of them look like the map study), and his MBTR is just waiting for the right moment to shit the bed. Also everyone knows he wishes he joined the Marine Corps instead..

All seriousness though..

Times are different as we shift to near peer and Ive never experienced that sort of conflict but I depicted that very small glimpse but familiar story to demonstrate what those two jobs entail.

Both of these jobs are HUGE on their own. They are arguably the most important jobs of now and back then. A lot of people are home with their families today because of the jobs those guys performed.

Only way an Ops chief signs off on your school nom to JTAC is if the class is so short on students its at risk for being cancelled. Even then a radio operator or someone more justifiable than the Navy SARC is going to go - the fuckin motor t guy might get the nod before you.

Thats okay though because SARCS & Corpsman are my favorite Marines anyway. Hope you make it to the end bud, cheers.
Fing awesome post!

And we love our window-lickers and crayon-eaters!

In all seriousness, today on the way back from Atlantic Beach we're driving through Lejeune and New River and I became very introspective and contemplative, I had a well of emotions of my time down there. I would run through anything for my Marines. Anything. And I could do that because the feeling was mutual.

@littlefish1112 , If you want to be a SARC or corpsman, do that, take care of them, save their lives, clip their nails, give them a beer when they're crying because Jody has their woman back home. If you want to do it, do it. That is your job. Let those morons in motor-T worry about JTAC.

Back