NC bans anti-discrimination

I don't get to see Pearl Jam this week due to this law. They canceled their show as a protest. Fucking backwards ass NC

I fucking hate this for you. Goddamn bands alienate a huge segment of their fan base by doing these publicity stunts.

Saw Bruce Springsteen was the first to do so, that actually made me laugh as I think many Bruce fans (of which I am not) would be shocked at the political leanings of their "Boss".

I fucking hate this for you. Goddamn bands alienate a huge segment of their fan base by doing these publicity stunts.

Saw Bruce Springsteen was the first to do so, that actually made me laugh as I think many Bruce fans (of which I am not) would be shocked at the political leanings of their "Boss".

Yeah. Instead of using a packed stadium as a platform they cancel the show.

Cry me a river........:-"

I will. I'm out 49 dollars in fees to ticketmaster. Prolly a 1000 people won't work Wednesday night, not to mention the prolly million dollars that would have been injected into the local economy by 50K people buying drinks dinner, transport to and from.... Pearl Jam chose what I think is a bad path, but it is impactful.

Last edited:
I will. I'm out 49 dollars in fees to ticketmaster. Prolly a 1000 people won't work Wednesday night, not too mention the prolly million dollars that would have been injected into the local economy by 50K people buying drinks dinner, transport to and from.... Pearl Jam chose what I think is a bad path, but it is impactful.
I would be surprised if the venue doesn't try to collect their fees, or some TV Lawyer files a Class Action Suit to get those fees back.
It may not be a lot of money to Pearl Jam, but it would be a good lesson in Contract Law.

Well....Target is opening the doors. Literally. I think I've been worn down, because I just don't care anymore. If a woman (who feels like a man) comes in, she's going to use a stall.

If a dude, (who feels like a woman) goes into the ladies room, he's going to have to use the stall.

It will be an awakening for both...the man will realize how nice the ladies rooms are in many places, and the women will realize what literal shitholes most men's public restrooms are.

Good luck to both.

Target Makes a Stand on Transgender Bathroom Issue

I will. I'm out 49 dollars in fees to ticketmaster. Prolly a 1000 people won't work Wednesday night, not to mention the prolly million dollars that would have been injected into the local economy by 50K people buying drinks dinner, transport to and from.... Pearl Jam chose what I think is a bad path, but it is impactful.

Reminds me of Carter pulling out of the Olympics over Iran, and what it meant to all our athletes. At least there is a potential of still seeing Pearl Jam in the future, unless they have pissed you off enough over their decision.

Not sure it would be worth the cost for them to capitulate to a 0.3% population group.. would be better just to call it a "family restroom" and have it more functional.
I'm glad someone finally mentioned the size of the group we are playing to.

One transgender (most likely a man playing dress-up, because that's what most of them seem to be) goes into a restroom- he is comfortable at the expense of the possible discomfort of all others.

You wanna make a political-social stand by deciding not to play a concert in NC? OK, that's your right (without giving a nod to contract law). You wanna make a political-social stand by not baking a cake? You don't have the right to do that. Oh, the irony.....

You wanna make a political-social stand by deciding not to play a concert in NC? OK, that's your right (without giving a nod to contract law). You wanna make a political-social stand by not baking a cake? You don't have the right to do that. Oh, the irony.....

Bingo!

The hypocrisy is deafening.

What do these guys have in common?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

All 3 would now be forced to enter a women's restroom in Nc. All 3 of these people were born female. So much is made about transgendered men, or men dressing up like women. People like this being forced into a women's room seems awfully stupid to me.

What do these guys have in common?

<pictures of "guys">

All 3 would now be forced to enter a women's restroom in Nc. All 3 of these people were born female. So much is made about transgendered men, or men dressing up like women. People like this being forced into a women's room seems awfully stupid to me.

You a big fan of Diane Schroer too?

Forced? Really?

*imposed by cocercion or physical power

Are people of NC "forced" to drive the speed limit in NC too?

If your best argument for a law is "people are just going to do what they want anyway" it is a stupid fucking law.

I'm simply questioning the extreme rhetoric. Passion is great but be honest: nobody is being forced to go anywhere...there are simply sanctions IF a complaint is lodged.

Personally, I think the law is stupid however if the majority want it, I'm on board. However, once someone is arrested and fined/jailed, they will have standing in appellate courts.

Has anyone been injured by this new law? I'm confident the ACLU is chomping at the bit for this one.

I'm simply questioning the extreme rhetoric. Passion is great but be honest: nobody is being forced to go anywhere...there are simply sanctions IF a complaint is lodged.

Personally, I think the law is stupid however if the majority want it, I'm on board. However, once someone is arrested and fined/jailed, they will have standing in appellate courts.

Has anyone been injured by this new law? I'm cnfdent the ACLU is chomping at the bit for this one.

Bro the law says you cannot use the bathroom unless it is for your biological sex. So you would be breaking the law doing otherwise. That isn't rhetoric, that is factual.

What you are saying is I'm not forced to follow the speed limit, there are simply sanctions IF I get caught. That is literally the definition of breaking the law....

Back