New Learner/Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...not the best of role models. Do a search on the board and you may see why. If you don't understand the why behind my post...well, you will one day. As a minor correction, Haney was indeed a CSM, but not while he was in Delta and his rep there is...not as great as you think.

Good luck with everything.
Sure thing. I'll take your word for it.

Why do that, why not investigate and find out why for yourself?

Bugger you Mara, I'm going to continue to emulate the Phantom, complete with wearing my undies on the outside and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it!

phantom1.jpg

As young as I am there are things I understand I need to be done.
I hope I'm not stepping out of my lane on this one, so I apologize if I do.

You're 15 my man. I believe Cback is the one who mentions this all the time on here so I will take a page from his book. You're 15. Your main focus should be school, sports, hanging out with friends, and trying to get laid. I would advise (based on personal experience) sitting back and taking in the site. Don't post. Just read. Even if the thread doesn't interest you personally, you will learn something new. See how the professionals on this site address issues and each other and be a sponge. It will save you a lot of time, grief, and save you from being called out from a stupid post. I don't think there's a person on here with an Aspiring SOF under their name who hasn't seen the wrath of mods/admins due to a stupid post. ;)

That said, it's awesome you're 15 and have those goals. But you're 4 years away from being eligible to join. Go live it up. I don't know a single person who wishes they didn't do more fun/stupid shit while in high school.

He's 15 not 19, 25 or 36... There is nothing wrong with him looking up to a comic book character... A lot of kids don't have proper role models... at least he is choosing someone that has good morals, and solid character. Give the kid a break, at least he wants to serve his country and be a solid contributing member of society.
Dude Batman is a HOMO he runs around in tights and bangs his side kick who is a guy with an androgynous name

Dude Batman is a HOMO he runs around in tights and bangs his side kick who is a guy with an androgynous name

It took you 2 posts before you said HOMO and you never even wished him a very PB day. I've been waiting days for this! Let down does not even begin to convey what I am feeling right now. }:-)

(I think I left myself wide open on that one...)

It took you 2 posts before you said HOMO and you never even wished him a very PB day. I've been waiting days for this! Let down does not even begin to convey what I am feeling right now. }:-)

(I think I left myself wide open on that one...)
Na been busy trying to not get fired and just noticed the post, I was just answering as I read...PS I sorry I let you down but I expect that out of metrosexuals....

Nailed it. Don't be one of those weird kids who has no personality or humor because you're trying to be a macho and all serious military guy. You'll know everything you need to know about the military when you're in the military, so just be yourself dude. Loosen up and have some fun (not so much fun your in the back of a cop car but yeah), it'll keep you sane when you end up going into the military, if that is even what you want in a few years or so.

I don't think there's a person on here with an Aspiring SOF under their name who hasn't seen the wrath of mods/admins due to a stupid post. ;)

I can vouch for that, lol.

Oh and TH15, you can be 16 and enlist in the reserves, with parental consent of course, because that's what I'm doing - I'm going to be the youngest in my class.

I hope I'm not stepping out of my lane on this one, so I apologize if I do.

You're 15 my man. I believe Cback is the one who mentions this all the time on here so I will take a page from his book. You're 15. Your main focus should be school, sports, hanging out with friends, and trying to get laid. I would advise (based on personal experience) sitting back and taking in the site. Don't post. Just read. Even if the thread doesn't interest you personally, you will learn something new. See how the professionals on this site address issues and each other and be a sponge. It will save you a lot of time, grief, and save you from being called out from a stupid post. I don't think there's a person on here with an Aspiring SOF under their name who hasn't seen the wrath of mods/admins due to a stupid post. ;)

That said, it's awesome you're 15 and have those goals. But you're 4 years away from being eligible to join. Go live it up. I don't know a single person who wishes they didn't do more fun/stupid shit while in high school.
Well I will layback and watch and stick to school and sports and girls if you think so but I have been doing this sort of thing since I was little and I can honestly say it is a natural part of my life. I don't think I can just be a normal kid in school though. Too much has happened and has made me mostly serious (don't let batman fool you;)). But don't worry about my personality or anything I know how to have fun when it is appropriate. I appreciate the words of wisdom from all of you and will continue to think on every word that has been said to me in the last few days. Since I like to observe anyway I will do just that and study everything. I think I won't post for the next 10 days unless it is in response to anything regarding me. So this will be my last post for the next 10 days (minimum) I may take longer simply to try and understand better. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks. :-)

Late to the party I see. Welcome to SS, laddy, sure a long thread.

RF 1

Yeah, I think you're right. Anyone else wanting to talk to Snowman, feel free to start another thread (if appropriate) or PM him. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back