New Learner/Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman-072

Banned
Hi my name is ****** (confidential). My profile name is obvious. I am 15 years old I reside in Minnesota and I won't give much more location info than that. I enjoy mental and physical challenges and I regularly do IQ puzzles and exercise. Batman is my character of inspiration for these two things and the marine corps is the perfect place (in my opinion) to test these two things. MARSOC is what I want specifically. I love football, soccer, chess, video games, reading, exercise (calisthenics and cardio mostly), batman, marine corps, historic warriors, soduku, and I think that is enough information. I am looking forward to using this site and meeting the members on here. 8-)

Welcome to the site. Did you seriously list Batman as your inspiration? Good luck with using that to make it through Boot Camp, much less a SOF Selection. Also, it's Marine Corps, not Marine corps.

Thanks and yes i did use batman because he represents physical and mental fitness that I should strive for. I apologize for the Corps misspelling.

Anyone else who has a problem with my batman thing let me clarify that he is simply a character with many aspects that I can apply to my own life. Aspects such as heroism, dedication, mental fitness, physical fitness, and stoic personality. If you don't think I can make it because of this then let me say that you should not judge until you see results. I am not like everyone else and if my inspiration bothers you then you may as well not reply to me.

Anyone else who has a problem with my batman thing let me clarify that he is simply a character with many aspects that I can apply to my own life. Aspects such as heroism, dedication, mental fitness, physical fitness, and stoic personality. If you don't think I can make it because of this then let me say that you should not judge until you see results. I am not like everyone else and if my inspiration bothers you then you may as well not reply to me.

Here Bud, I admire your dedication in looking to attain membership of your Armed Forces... I will remind you most of the Members here, have already done so and in some case's gone on to achieve membership of the most Elite units in your Armed Forces... This is our house and your a guest.. so cut out the smart ass comments or you will be the one not being able to post any more.. Okay.

Welcome.

Irish already addressed your smart-ass attitude, so let me touch on something different. All those aspects you seem so fond of are possessed by a lot of people that are actually real. Pick up a copy of "Five Years To Freedom", "Ghost Soldiers", "Lone Survivor", or any other comparable book. Or better yet, look into some of the accomplishments of many of the members of this board. Then you will get an idea of what real heroes are like, as opposed to comic book ones. If you do not do some growing in the next 3 years before you enlist, then I predict a very rude awakening for you. Keep up this fantasy of being the Caped Crusader hunting down the Taliban with your cool belt and mask and Boot Camp is going to hit you like a freight train.

Welcome to SS. Snowman, I'm not going to dog pile on you about your batman envy thingy. I think I remember being 15 a long time ago with a lot to learn also. Let me suggest a few people for you to research if you want some true american heros to look up to and emulate: Robert Howard, Richard Meadows, Gary Gordon & Randy Shugart, Walter Hetzler, Lance Sijan, Jon Caviani, Nick Rowe and John Basilone for starters. These are just a few of the giants that many of here walked among when we did our tour on the wall. Check out these men's stories, decide for yourself who you want to model yourself after, them or batman.

Welcome. I'm more of a Wolverine kind of guy. ;):-" Batman seems like a card carrying lifetime member of NAMBLA, not saying the movies aren't good but I never liked the comics to much.

Welcome

... Robert Howard, Richard Meadows, Gary Gordon & Randy Shugart, Walter Hetzler, Lance Sijan, Jon Caviani, Nick Rowe and John Basilone for starters...

And after you've researched these men, recognize these men are the brothers of the members of this board - and I mean brothers in the sense of having served with, sweated and trained with, and bled with, literally.

LL

Batman is AWESOME!!! Good luck snowman, its nice to see young people aspiring to serve their country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back