Night Stalkers killed in helicopter crash

Four 160th SOAR members die in Helicopter crash

My heart goes out to these soldiers and their families for this great loss. I was told a ceremony will be held either Tuesday or Wednesday for this trajedy at Fort Campbell. I'll be there. I'm doing Green Platoon right now, but the cadre is going to let us go. NSDQ!:(

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. -- The Army has identified the four soldiers from Fort Campbell killed in a helicopter training accident in Colorado.

Those killed after Wednesday's crash were 40-year-old Chief Warrant Officer 4 Terrance Geer, 41-year-old Chief Warrant Officer 4 Robert Johnson, 33-year-old Staff Sgt. Paul Jackson and 28-year-old Staff Sgt. Chad Tucker.

The soldiers identified Friday were all members of Delta Company, 1st Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

Army Special Operations Command officials said their MH-60 Black Hawk helicopter crashed while conducting mountain and environmental training near Colorado's second-highest summit, Mount Massive.

:(

When I made my last post, I thought there was a survivor, but I didn't see the latest story. RIP to all.

Here's alittle more about these soldiers who gave their life for their country!

Chief Warrant Officer 4 Terrance W. Geer, 40:

- Geer was a native of Casper, Wyo., and entered the Navy in February 1989. After serving five years in the U.S. Navy, Geer was accepted into the Army Warrant Officer Program at Fort Rucker, Ala., in 1994. Upon graduation from the UH-1 Course in 1995, Geer was assigned to the 82nd Air Ambulance Medical Company at Fort Riley, Kan., as an Aero Medical Evacuation Pilot and Instructor Pilot. In 1998, after completing the Instrument Flight Examiner Course, Geer was assigned to the Combat Maneuver Training Center at Hohenfels, Germany, as a Standardization Instructor Pilot. After a successful assessment in 2002, Geer was assigned to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as an Instructor Pilot and Aviation Safety Officer.

- He was a combat veteran with 12 deployments, 11 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and one in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

- His awards included the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, three Air Medals for valor, seven Air Medals, the Joint Service Commendation Medal, two Army Commendation Medals, the Army Achievement Medal, the Navy Achievement Medal, the Valorous Unit Award, the Navy Good Conduct Medal, two National Defense Service Medals, three Southwest Asia Service Medals, Afghanistan Campaign Medal-Campaign Star, Iraqi Campaign Medal-Campaign Star, Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, Kuwaiti Liberation Medal (Government of Saudi Arabia), Kuwaiti Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait), Navy Aircrew Insignia Badge, and Senior Aviator Badge.

- Geer is survived by his wife, Gina Geer, and his son and daughter, Braden and Emma of Clarksville, Tenn.; and his mother, Barbara Geer, of Toledo, Ohio.

Chief Warrant Officer 4 Robert M. Johnson, 41:

- Johnson was a native of Seattle and entered the Army in April 1990. After serving a year in the U.S. Army, Johnson was accepted into the Army Warrant Officer Program at Fort Rucker, Ala., in 1990. Upon graduation from the UH-60 Blackhawk Course, Johnson was assigned to 9th Battalion, 101st Airborne Division as an Instructor Pilot. In 1996, Johnson was assigned to 1st Battalion, 52nd Aviation Regiment at Seoul, Korea. In 1997, he was assigned to 5th Battalion, 101st Airborne Division. After a successful assessment in 2001, Johnson was assigned to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as an Instructor Pilot and Instrument Flight Examiner.

- Johnson earned his Bachelor's of Science in Aeronautical Management from Embry-Riddle University in 2009.

- He was a combat veteran with 20 deployments, 18 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, one in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, and one in support of operations in Somalia.

- His awards included the Distinguished Flying Cross, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal for valor, 13 Air Medals, five Army Commendation Medals, six Army Achievement Medals, Joint Meritorious Unit Award, two Valorous Unit Awards, Army Good Conduct Medal, two National Defense Service Medals, Afghanistan Campaign Medal-Campaign Star, Iraqi Campaign Medal-three Campaign Stars, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War On Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, the United Nations Medal, the Air Assault Badge, and Master Aviator Badge.

- He is survived by his wife, Sandra Johnson, and his daughter and son, Morgan and Hatch of Clarksville, Tenn.; and his mother and father, Wells and Connie McGrath, of Enumclaw, Wash.

Staff Sgt. Chad A. Tucker, 28:

- Tucker was a native of Titusville, Fla., and entered the Army in June 2000. Following basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., and Advanced Individual Training at Fort Eustis, Va., Tucker served with 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment at Coleman Barracks, Germany, as both a helicopter mechanic and crew chief. In 2003, he successfully assessed with the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as a helicopter mechanic. Tucker arrived to 1st Battalion, 160th SOAR, at Fort Campbell, Ky., in January 2004.

- He was a combat veteran with 14 deployments, all in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

- His awards included the Distinguished Flying Cross, Air Medal for Valor, eight Air Medals, two Army Commendation Medals, three Army Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Service Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal-Campaign Star, Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War On Terrorism Service Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, the Combat Action Badge, and the Basic Aviation Badge.

- He is survived by his wife, Megan Tucker, and his son, Jeremy, of Fort Campbell, Ky.; and his father and mother, Wendell and Wanda Tucker, of Titusville, Fla.; and his sister, Crystal Castaner, of Titusville, Fla.

Staff Sgt. Paul R. Jackson, 33:

- Jackson was a native of Lancaster, Md., and volunteered for Army service in May 1998. Following basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., Jackson successfully assessed with the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as a helicopter aircrew member. Tucker arrived to his first duty station with 1st Battalion, 160th SOAR, at Fort Campbell, Ky., in March 1999. In 2007, Jackson served with 3rd Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division, at Camp Humphreys, Korea, as an aircrew member. In 2008, Jackson returned to the 160th SOAR, serving with 1st Battalion, 160th SOAR as an Aviation Standardization Non-Commissioned Officer.

- He was a combat veteran with 10 deployments, nine in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and one in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

- His awards included the Air Medal for valor, three Air Medals, two Army Commendation Medals, Army Achievement Medal, Presidential Unit Citation Award, Valorous Unit Award, two Army Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal-Campaign Star, Iraqi Campaign Medal-Campaign Star, Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War On Terrorism Service Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, the Combat Action Badge, the Senior Aircrew Member Badge, and the Basic Aviation Badge.

- He is survived by his daughter, Desiree, and his mother, Brenda Jackson, of Philadelphia.

NSDQ

Rest easy NightStalkers for you have done your part, you have lead trained and fought hard. You have been a brother and warrior and a mentor to alot of us. I for one will never forget the good times we had.

Chief Geer - Brother thank you for everything

Chief Johnson-- even though I only knew you in passing your words of wisdom shall not be forgotten.

SSG Jackson--- I am sad that I can not remember when the last time we talked.. Brother you will be missed more then you know.

SSG Tucker... Tuc my brother I will remember next time I grill that it isnt called grillin unless you have a beer in one hand.

To all of the families I am sure that no words can bring back the ones you have lost on that day, but maybe just maybe these words can ease the pain just a small bit...

NightStalkers are a special breed of men and women, they have something about them, the way they talk, walk and how they feel about their brothers and sisters. NightStalkers form a bond with each other that nothing can break, and when one falls from the sky we all fall with them. Today there are hundreds of NightStalkers around the world that are hurting with you. We morn with you, we cry with you, for it isnt just the soldier that becomes a NightStalker it is their families as well. We laugh, we cry, but we will always be family.

NightStalkers for they loved to fight, fought to win and would rather die than quit.

Terry was about to retire. :( He's just one of the best people I had ever met in my life. RIP guys. NSDQ.

(...)And when Night Stalkers take to the air, the ghosts of their heroes are always there, looking over their shoulders; not to chastise, but to encourage.
They are gone forever yet never forgotten. Their lessons echo in attenlive ears, and as each pilot or crewman retums to earth, he will again incvitably pass beneath a portico, where the muted voice of a fallen brother reaches out to him.
Those voices never say, Do not follow in my path, because you may sacrifice everything.
Instead, they whisper proudly from the past.
Do what I have done. Risk all, press on....
Night Stalkers Don't Quit!

"The Night Stalkers" by M. Durrant, S. Hartov, R.L. Johnson

Back