No muzzle rise on full-auto...

TheSiatonist

Designated Hoops Sniper!
Anyone here have any personal experience with any of FERFRANS' SOAR variants?

Very surprising to see no muzzle rise even with a larger round. What do you guys think of it?

Disclaimer: I have very limited experience with firearms on full-auto.

Re the second video:
Is that the new way to hold a rifle when firing? His off-arm looked to be in a very odd position..... Almost like he was trying to get his hand on top of the rifle to hold the muzzle down. The guy in the first video had his elbow flared out too, although his hand wasn't in the same position as the guy in the sercond video. Seems a rather awkward position for shooting, a good way to get an elbow blown off, and completely unfeasible for room clearing/moving in a congested area.

I was originally trained to shoot full auto in certain situations so I do see a use for it. It does need a Soldier to be well trained though as it is something to be used very sparingly.

and? What larger round? I must have missed something. Rifle design, AR platform is designed that way for that reason. What do you think causes muzzle lift? Stock drop.
.308 in the second video

Re the second video:
Is that the new way to hold a rifle when firing? His off-arm looked to be in a very odd position..... Almost like he was trying to get his hand on top of the rifle to hold the muzzle down. The guy in the first video had his elbow flared out too, although his hand wasn't in the same position as the guy in the sercond video. Seems a rather awkward position for shooting, a good way to get an elbow blown off, and completely unfeasible for room clearing/moving in a congested area.

I started shooting very similar to that in SFAUCC. Holding the rifle out farther like that gives you much better control of the rifle.

I started shooting very similar to that in SFAUCC. Holding the rifle out farther like that gives you much better control of the rifle.

I can see how it would control muzzle rise, is it as stable as the conventional grip?

Re the second video:
Not new, and you may be outrunning your headlights with your comments.
YMMV
SBG sends.

Yeah that is really the standard now as far as I know... Some old retired SF guy saw me shoot like that and gave mr shut, I told him that is the way it is taught, and it is much more effective.

Back