North and South Korea vow to end Korean War

Increasing number of sources are claiming that Rocket Man is on life support.
FWIW His sister is said to be as ruthless as he is and IIRC his younger brother isn't interested (which is probably why he isn't dead).

Where are these sources? So far the only place I'm seeing this kind of info is floating about on facebook.

Where are these sources? So far the only place I'm seeing this kind of info is floating about on facebook.
If you don’t like Fox, or the New York Post, you can check in with Reuters. MSNBC has already run and retracted news about this event. But, if you want to avoid US media like the plague, I’d look at Japanese media outlet Shukan Gendai. The Taiwan News cited them as their source. There are also S. Korean news outlets reporting on this, as well.

If you don’t like Fox, or the New York Post, you can check in with Reuters. MSNBC has already run and retracted news about this event. But, if you want to avoid US media like the plague, I’d look at Japanese media outlet Shukan Gendai. The Taiwan News cited them as their source. There are also S. Korean news outlets reporting on this, as well.

All Reuters is saying is that the train is at his estate, which is just a rehash of the 38North analysis. Otherwise nada on death. Same with the other majors and the SCMP.

All Reuters is saying is that the train is at his estate, which is just a rehash of the 38North analysis. Otherwise nada on death. Same with the other majors and the SCMP.
That’s because the death itself is speculation. In every source I’ve read, it’s varying degrees of “his health is dicey.” It’s called the Hermit Kingdom for a damned good reason. Information gets out when the government wants it to.

The one US outlet that rushed to report on his death was MSNBC. They retracted it quickly. There’s one outlet from Asia, a Hong Kong backed news outlet, whose one best source is an exec who has a brother working for the Chinese agency that just dispatched their doctors to look at KJU. They reported “vegetative state.”

The way I read your post, it was that anything to do with KJU at all was only reported on FB. There was a lack of clarity there. Any reputable resources acknowledge how difficult it is to get accurate information from DPRK, and that they don’t know for sure if he’s dead or not. I can’t verify your claim about “all over Facebook” because I choose to limit my time on there, and diving for news info on FB is like riding bareback on a hooker who’s HIV+.

TLDR: The sources are there; the information, however, is sparse.

Fair but what I said was that the only place I'd seen reports of death was on facebook. That's why I wanted a source; to see what that source was. What was posted was an uncredited copy paste.

In today's update on Rocket Man, there is one person who believes he was wounded in a failed missile test that occurred on 14 Apr, one day before the Day of the Sun celebration. If true, I would hate to be any of the people associated with that failed missile.

Last edited:
In today's update on Rocket Man, there is one person who believes he was wounded in a failed missile test that occurred on 14 Apr, one day before the Day of the Sun celebration. If true, I would hate to be any of the people associated with that failed missile.
Karma, she be wicked.
Maybe he festers and dies a slow painful death (or is a quadriplegic).

Why would he be so close to a missile test?

Why wouldn't that have been noticed, even by NGOs?

Wouldn't Trump have tweeted a get well soon if that were the case? OK, that one's tongue in cheek (mostly).

EDIT: A good opinion piece. I Am Kim’s Heart: The Health Status of Chairman Kim Jong Un | 38 North: Informed Analysis of North Korea

For the record, I personally don't believe that is what happened. That's the reason why I didn't post the link as it's most likely just tabloid garbage. However, as evidenced above, NK has a strong history of failed missile tests.

Last edited:
For the record, I personally don't believe that is what happened. That's the reason why I didn't post the link as it's most likely just tabloid garbage. However, as evidenced above, NK has a strong history of failed missile tests.
Agreed. Their Taepodong missiles were dodgy, at best.

It's not a personal hit, more like musings aloud. There are a lot of people throwing out theories without a modicum of basic critical thinking but that's a fun one to pull apart.

“Next of Kim”: Is North Korea’s Leader Really Dead? And If So, What Does It Mean to Us?

bottom line: there does not appear to be a clear consensus on Li'l Kim's status.

His no-show at that event, and his lack of public appearances since, has spurred all manner of speculation about his health, whereabouts, and status. Some rumors hold that he is in a persistent vegetative state after a botched cardiovascular surgery. A different story is that he was accidentally wounded during a missile demonstration. And a third theory is that he may have been toppled in a coup. It’s even possible he fell victim to COVID-19… although North Korea has infamously claimed to not have a single case of the virus in their entire country.

…of course, it’s also entirely possible that he is alive and well, as North Korea claims.

1588195091298.png

I would like to see in my lifetime a situation where the "independent, new thinkers" in NK would be able to take that country over and get rid of the doughboy and his family. But, I am 53 now and not sure I will see it, but I do plan on living to at least a 100 or so....;-)

Back