North and South Korea vow to end Korean War

The Daily Mail get a bit hard over the SAS and are pretty quick to publish stories about them without much checking but otherwise they're reasonably OK. Their site and its terrible design probably give it a worse image than it should get.

The thought of "Hair-Boy" being gone gives me something to enjoy and focus on other than COVIDITY and HURRICANES....

Kim Jong Un promotes himself and tells his sister she hasn't performed well

Kim Jong Un Gets a Promotion, Gives His Sister a Demotion

SEOUL—Kim Jong Un has given himself a lofty new title and removed his ascendant sister from North Korea’s inner circle of powerful elites.

On the sixth day of a rare Workers’ Party Congress meeting, Mr. Kim was elevated from chairman to general secretary, a rank previously held by his late father and grandfather. North Korean state media described the role as “the brain of the revolution.” But as a practical matter, Mr. Kim’s control over the cloistered regime remains as absolute as ever.

Meanwhile, Kim Yo Jong, the leader’s younger sister and a confidante, wasn’t named to the Politburo, the party’s top decision-making body, in an apparent demotion from her prior standing as an alternative member. Some Pyongyang experts had expected Ms. Kim could be promoted to a full-time seat.

Ms. Kim’s removal from the Politburo reinforces that North Korea is run by a single person, rather than any codified system or set of rules, said Park Won-gon, an international studies professor at South Korea’s Handong Global University. The decision also brings potential benefits to Mr. Kim, he adds.

“Kim Jong Un might think that it is better not to give an official position for his sister because if he did, she could grab her own power network,” Mr. Park said.

On the flip side, this dramatically increases State Dept ability to put indirect pressure on places like North Korea because the Information firehose of the Free world is drifting overhead.

Moving this here as it's more applicable. The issue with holding satellites in one spot means they are much more susceptible to attack from NK most likely through China. It also isn't as easy as a push of a switch to move satellites into a different orbit path.

Kim will only respect guys who are bigger badasses than he could ever be. Trump dominated him when they met, made a lapdog out of him.

I don't agree. He's provided a perception of that but in the meantime they continued all their development and nothing of any significance was closed down. If Gulf States/Israel was a win then DPRK is a loss imo.

I don't agree. He's provided a perception of that but in the meantime they continued all their development and nothing of any significance was closed down. If Gulf States/Israel was a win then DPRK is a loss imo.
I'd put Korea as a tie. Rhetoric continued at a slower rate, and actual testing slowed down a lot.
Part of this is just an attempt to get money from us.

I wouldn't call it a loss. There was face-to-face dialogue at the DMZ summit between the leaders of the DPRK, ROK and the US for the first time in 66 years. It had an impact. I think Kim is pulling this bullshit now because Trump is out and he thinks Biden is a weak suck who'll remove sanctions.

Back