"Old Men North of Richmond" -- Revolution Song

IMO, don't think he helped himself by putting out this video. Conservatives latched on and praised the song and then he basically said fuck'em. But he didn't really say anything negative about the left other than 'they criticized me"

Ehh, I don't know. I think, retards from both sides latched on like a crack whore on dick, trolling for dime bags.

I've said it before Top, I'll say it again. Retards on both sides that blindly follow sides, politicians and such deserve whatever comes to them. I lump Biden, Trump, any of them into that.

Our republic was founded upon not trusting politicians. Yet, 250 years later, what are we, the people doing? Trusting fat, bloated, unconstitutional and illegitimate shills that spend too much time in office, making billions over us..... and we idolize them.

To be honest, the common working man should know about federal politics but, should hear nothing from those bastards. We should be concentrating on our immediate circle, local and state governments and trying to fix the fucked things they do.

The fed is a swamp and no matter what we do, it won't change, even with a favorite president.

I'd rather see this Oliver dude tell folks to fuck themselves, take the message for what it is or piss off.

But I do definitely see your point.

That's my rant, Top.

The fellow makes it clear - it isn't a political message - its a human message - but "we the people" have allowed the Uniparty to manipulate the populace into an "us vs them" mentality. When a man like him comes along and shines a light on the lies and hypocrisy that serves as the foundation of American polyticks all we the people want to hear is our side of the message.

-Fuck those rich democrats, they just want to get richer - but my awesome republican leaders are doing the lords work.
-Fuck those rich republicans, they just want to enslave everyone but the white male patriarchy. Thank god people like Pelosi and Fauci are out there keeping us safe.
...but isnt that how skydiving politicians and bartenders from New York seem to double or even triple their personal wealth just a few short years after taking office?

The sad part in human devolution is that "we the people" have allowed the last 50 years of Uniparty propaganda to pit us against one another in a way that clearly prevents a red bearded hillbilly from sending a message that unites people instead of intentionally dividing them.
...because he called out the abuse of the welfare system and dared to use the word "diverse" in a YouTube video.

The uniparty is strong - but we the people are suffocating because we cant get our collective heads out of our collective asses.

I just started this. This is probably more shocking than his appearance on JRE.

Great interview. JP is a cool dude....the fact that he speaks so highly of Hank Williams music says a lot. He's one of the great intellects yet recognizes the authenticity and historical importance of traditional country music.

I like the song and I like the message (especially as the uber left lose their shit over the fudge rounds part), and I really like one thing about the song:

It doesn't fucking matter. This isn't even a wrinkle in our society's fabric. Things that will change because of this one song? Zero. People who will remember this guy's name in a month or two? That's a very, very small group of Americans.

The sheep don't care and this guy didn't suddenly create a bunch of politically-aware Americans. It is business as usual in our country, rotting internally, and without major changes one or more nations will feed on our carcass some day...or we'll have a bloody civil war and relegated to a sideshow on the world stage.

@AWP I agree. Its a good song but in the end, its just a song. The timing was right to appeal to a lot of people and that made it a hit. It won't change anything because the rich men north of Richmond do not care. They will prop up whoever they want and the uniparty will roll on. Merle Haggard sang about the same shit years ago, yet here we are.

Its a club and you ain't in it.

Friends, you're missing the bigger picture by considering the momentum and reach of this song individually instead of as what it is: yet another indicator of a political pendulum swing.

Oliver Anthony may be dismissed as "one more voice in the wilderness" but when you consider what else has gone on in our country the last few years, it becomes clearer:

--Roe v. Wade was overturned
--the Supreme Court struck down race-based admissions policies in our nation's colleges
--big businesses are ditching their performative (and racist) DEI programs and drawing down on ESG
--young people are becoming more conservative
--the success of the Bud Light and Target boycotts
--the near-rabid pre-emptive resistance to any new COVID restrictions
--the student loan handout getting smacked down
--people waking up to the climate change hoax and the reality of uncontrolled illegal immigration
--high-profile professional athletes who used to kneel during our National Anthem have had a change of heart
--Disney losing their sweetheart tax status in Florida after sticking their uber-woke nose where it didn't belong... and then having to drop most of their lawsuit over it
--the astonishing success of the movie "The Sound of Freedom"
--Elon Musk buying Twitter and exposing the depths of the corrupt political-media complex
--the Governor of New Mexico getting wrecked (and--hopefully--impeached) over her Constitutional over-reach on guns
--the President of the United States, Joe Biden (finally) getting impeachment processes started against him
--more than half of US states are now "Constitutional carry" on guns

...and many others

The fight isn't over, but this series of changes is huge. We've eaten so many Ls over the recent years that it gets hard for us to take the occasional W. This song is a W, for our entire republic.

Last edited:
Friends, you're missing the bigger picture by considering the momentum and reach of this song individually instead of as what it is: yet another indicator of a political pendulum swing.

Oliver Anthony may be dismissed as "one more voice in the wilderness" but when you consider what else has gone on in our country the last few years, it becomes clearer:

--Roe v. Wade was overturned
--the Supreme Court struck down race-based admissions policies
--big businesses are ditching their performative (and racist) DEI programs and drawing down on ESG
--young people are becoming more conservative
--the success of the Bud Light and Target boycotts
--the student loan handout getting smacked down
--people waking up to the climate change hoax and the reality of uncontrolled illegal immigration

...and many others

The fight isn't over, but this series of changes is huge. We've eaten so many Ls over the recent years that it gets hard for us to take the occasional W. This song is a W, for our entire republic.
For whatever the reasons, I do agree people are becoming a better version of woke. I'm happy to add Corona virus restriction defiance to your list. I personally know several people who joyfully masked up and locked themselves down but are flat refusing to do it again.

I'll drop this here

Despite uptick in infections, Huntington Beach moves to ban COVID-19 vaccine and mask mandates

You might just be on to something.
Although I must say, I really hate when you post things that out-inspire my rabid cynicism.
It's hard to be a curmudgeon and serial contrarian with folks like you on the board.
Now - I'm going to take the rest of the day off from being a pessimistic old bastard and spend a few hours looking on the bright side - thanks to your unwelcome ray of sunshine.

For whatever the reasons, I do agree people are becoming a better version of woke. I'm happy to add Corona virus restriction defiance to your list. I personally know several people who joyfully masked up and locked themselves down but are flat refusing to do it again.

I'll drop this here

Despite uptick in infections, Huntington Beach moves to ban COVID-19 vaccine and mask mandates
^that's a VERY important one that I overlooked. I'm going to go back in and add it. Thank you for pointing it out.

You might just be on to something.
Although I must say, I really hate when you post things that out-inspire my rabid cynicism.
It's hard to be a curmudgeon and serial contrarian with folks like you on the board.
Now - I'm going to take the rest of the day off from being a pessimistic old bastard and spend a few hours looking on the bright side - thanks to your unwelcome ray of sunshine.
We've been conditioned to be politically apathetic and to think that there is no hope or option for something better while a vocal, violent, and small-but-well-organized-and-funded minority has their way with our entire way of life.

That's wrong.

The corollary to "all it takes for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" is... to get out there and DO SOMETHING.

The "something" I'm advocating is not of the BLM or Jan 6th type. It's operating within the bounds of the law and our Constitution. Everything I listed in my earlier post was accomplished legally and constitutionally. That can continue... if people want it to. And it starts with voting donating protesting caring enough to do something, at the individual level, to effect change.

I am tired the word democracy and enjoy seeing the US operating as a republic. Some cities, counties, and states are doing their job. Like the link I posted above about Huntington Beach, CA..my local governments have honed in on a lot of the bullshit and made necessary adjustments to our establishment Governor's attitude..a former rich man north of Richmond.

We've been conditioned to be politically apathetic and to think that there is no hope or option for something better while a vocal, violent, and small-but-well-organized-and-funded minority has their way with our entire way of life.

That's wrong.

The corollary to "all it takes for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" is... to get out there and DO SOMETHING.
Maybe just coincidental but, when I read your post. I flashed to the other day driving back from Florida.
I luckily snapped this on I-55 in southern Missouri.
I feel it is a sentiment that desrves action from anyone concerned about the way things in this country are going.
IMG_1512.jpeg

Back