"Old Men North of Richmond" -- Revolution Song

The song is great - it speaks to the feeling that are weighing on millions of Americans.

It just doesn't make my ears perk up. It's just another reminder of how absolutely full of shit everything has become. Of course, since we are living in a "nonbinary" society - I can gleefully love the song for the message it shares and still maintain by cynical view of America and its politicians that need to be told to "just say aye"
or read their teleprompter by saying "repeat the line"
or whatever the fuck that mess is that the people of Pennsylvania have foisted upon the US Senate.

I like the analogy to 'D-Fens' from falling down but the sad fact is even "he" understood by the end of the movie...
"I'm the bad man"
...he failed to adapt until it was too late. He kept telling himself everything was fine and all we needed as better time management during breakfast hours, less racism at the pawn shop, and more respect from the local teenagers - but his world was beyond that and his fate was literally going overboard.

...he failed to adapt until it was too late. He kept telling himself everything was fine and all we needed as better time management during breakfast hours, less racism at the pawn shop, and more respect from the local teenagers - but his world was beyond that and his fate was literally going overboard.
That’s right. He waited until it was too late. He didn’t take advantage of any number of other moments where he could have taken a stand and helped influence the direction of his political and social environment. Maybe something that didn’t involve firing a LAW rocket into a construction site. ;)

Don't get me fucking started on the incompetent bastards that run this country, let alone, everyday life in regards to stores.

It's a fucking wonder none of us have gone postal.

It's also a wonder how folks pay bills when nobody wants to work.

Let’s not just blame the folks “running the country”

We the people have become part of the problem. We the people have empowered a LOT of enablers and influencers standing by to spread the message when one more word from a politician would just be far too obvious. Alll the while we just complain about the network being slow.

It’s why we got Madonna in a bathtub full or rose petals reminding us that “we’re all in the us together”

It’s why we got a fucking legion of celebrities posting a chorus of “Imagine” onto every social media outlet during that “two weeks to flatten the curve” - let’s just get along instead of demanding answers and accountability.

It’s why we got the governator posting a video of himself hanging out in his kitchen with Lulu and Whiskey as he chastises us for wanting to exercise our liberties and freedoms.

Yet for some unexplained reason - We the people LOVE this shit - we eat it up.
We jump on this kind of stuff like Uncle Joe on a waffle cone.

But hey - consider this - 30 years ago when I said liberals doing their social experiments on the military would result in all manner of chaos - I was called a conspiracy nut.
Now - we have drag queens on social media being endorsed by our military services
We have people joining the service to help cover the costs of their “transition”
We have national level leaders afflicted with gender dysphoria
Men can get pregnant
Women have penises
New York has been under water since the ice caps melted
And if you challenge any of these new truths you run the risk of public censure or worse

Just imagine what we will be fed as “the new normal” ten years from now
-five years from now
-five minutes after the left is able to control all three branches of government.
Admittedly - that could never happen here in America - we’re too smart and too well connected to be hornswaggled into such madness.

But hey - mask up - get your boosters - eat less meat - and keep pretending that things haven’t really gone off the rails..

All is well - Remain Calm

Last edited:
Let’s not just blame the folks “running the country”

We the people have become part of the problem. We the people have empowered a LOT of enablers and influencers standing by to spread the message when one more word from a politician would just be far too obvious. Alll the while we just complain about the network being slow.

It’s why we got Madonna in a bathtub full or rose petals reminding us that “we’re all in the us together”

It’s why we got a fucking legion of celebrities posting a chorus of “Imagine” onto every social media outlet during that “two weeks to flatten the curve” - let’s just get along instead of demanding answers and accountability.

It’s why we got the governator posting a video of himself hanging out in his kitchen with Lulu and Whiskey as he chastises us for wanting to exercise or liberties and freedoms.

We the people LOVE this shit - we eat it up.
We jump on this kind of stuff like Uncle Joe on a waffle cone.

But hey - consider this - 30 years ago when I said liberals doing their social experiments on the military would result in all manner of chaos - I was called a conspiracy nut.
Now - we have drag queens on social medi being endorsed by our military services
We have people joining the service to help cover the costs of their “transition”
We have national level leaders afflicted with gender dysphoria
Men can get pregnant
Women have penises
New York has been under water since the ice caps melted
And if you challenge any of these new truths you run the risk of public censure or worse

Just imagine what we will be fed as “the new normal” ten years from now
-five years from now
-five minutes after the left is able to control all three branches of government t

But hey - mask up - get your boosters - and pretend that things haven’t really gone off the rails..

All is well - Remain Calm

Brother, your preaching to choir, I just said this 20 mins ago to my wife's uncle.

We don't hold those fat bastards accountable.

putting this here instead of starting a new thread, and also because it's vaguely-related to complaints in this thread against our various institutions:

My go-to news source is Fox News. While I like many things about Fox News (not the least of which is that they're not constantly reminding me what a shitbird I am for simply existing as a white male), there are things I don't like about their news.

First of all, their editing sucks. Almost literally on the daily, I find conspicuous grammar/spelling/usage errors. It's annoying. Do better. Maybe the AI you're using to generate the article should also have a built-in spellcheck?

The other thing I've noticed lately is the egregious over-use of "breaks his/her/their silence." It's like that's the new SEO/buzz word hotness, even for things that people aren't really being "silent" on. The most recent and egregious example is this one:

1692898474450.png

"Breaks silence?" Bitch, Prigozhin died YESTERDAY. What exactly was Putin being "silent" about for all of... (checks watch) less than 1 day?

I will say it's pretty gangster of Putin to "express condolences" about a guy who staged a coup against him, and whom he almost certainly had murdered.

"First of all, I want to express my sincere condolences to the families of all the victims, this is always a tragedy," Putin said.

"It's always a tragedy when I have my political enemies murdered. Do you want to be a tragedy, comrade?"

Snoop Dogg Gangsta GIF by MOODMAN

Viral Sensation Oliver Anthony Called A Sellout For Relatively Benign “Diversity” Comment He Made On Fox News

Fucking toads on right are butthurt over "diversity" comment. Our fucking country has been diverse since its founding.

I have Eastern European blood, Irish, Scottish, Native blood. Good knows what other mongel I am.

Yet, fucking idiots turning on ole boy. Unless you're 100 percent native, you're from blood of an immigrant.

Yep, leftists suck but I swear, I despise the same toads on right that act the fool.

Man ain't even singing of pure politics as we've stated. It's speaking of common man vs elites.

Back