One word-Chili

Personally, I like chili WITHOUT beans. But then again, I'm not really a bean guy unless it's green beans.

I do eat chili with beans when I have to, but I try to get as few of them as possible.

Short ribs sound good.Never heard of that in chili. I have an award winning chili recipe that calls for dark chocolate and coffee.I think cinnamon as well. Sounds not so great to me so never made it. I will put a little beer in my chili sometimes..

Ingredients
5 pounds beef brisket, cut in 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups chopped yellow onions
6 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, crushed
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 green peppers, seeded and diced
1 bay leaf
6 cups tomatoes, chopped with their liquid
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup strong coffee
2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans
2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
Serve with:
Sour cream
Grated Cheddar
Diced tomato
Tortilla chips
Guacamole (see recipe)
ADD CHECKED ITEMS TO GROCERY LISTPat the brisket cubes dry with paper towels. Heat the oil in a very large heavy-bottomed pot and quickly brown the meat, in batches, on all sides. Transfer the brisket to a separate bowl and set aside. Saute the onion and garlic in the same oil over medium heat until limp, but not brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the chili powder, pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and cumin and saute for 1 minute. Add the green peppers, bay leaf, tomatoes with their juice, the reserved meat, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and season with salt, to taste. Add the coffee, cover the pot and simmer for 1 more hour.

Add the kidney beans and basil, and warm through. Transfer the chili to a large serving bowl and serve with sour cream, grated Cheddar, diced tomato, tortilla chips and guacamole.

A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.

Read more at: Devon's Award-Winning Chili : Barefoot Contessa : Food Network
Directions
Watch how to make this recipe.
Pat the brisket cubes dry with paper towels. Heat the oil in a very large heavy-bottomed pot and quickly brown the meat, in batches, on all sides. Transfer the brisket to a separate bowl and set aside. Saute the onion and garlic in the same oil over medium heat until limp, but not brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the chili powder, pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and cumin and saute for 1 minute. Add the green peppers, bay leaf, tomatoes with their juice, the reserved meat, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Taste and season with salt, to taste. Add the coffee, cover the pot and simmer for 1 more hour.

Add the kidney beans and basil, and warm through. Transfer the chili to a large serving bowl and serve with sour cream, grated Cheddar, diced tomato, tortilla chips and guacamole.
Not the recipe but still looking through my books and recipe noxes and not enjoying my beer so much lol. Will try to find that in the am.

Cool. Still going to find that recipe I told you about.Pics would be great.With that amount of meat and tomatos I would add extra chili powder. Thats just me-I am bossy in the kitchen lol.

Sounds great. Went through all my chili recipes and I will post the one I make regularly. Also have mouth of hell chili recipe and so many more.What do you eat your chili with. Im a toast freak-big dunker or tortilla chips. Now I can only just eat chili. Miss that toast. BTW-cant find those peppers up here too frequently. Also want some I think they are called ancho chillies.

Oh yeah, baked potatoes too..

Hear me out here.....:-"

Take a bake potato, cook it on your grill for 45-60 min.
Slice it in half, put butter on it, cover it in yer favorite Chili, cover in cheese, then sour cream...

And here is the game changer, sprinkle with Ranch powder....:thumbsup:O_o

Bacon is also authorized anywhere in this process!

Back