One word-Chili

You put extra heat into it as well
Did the meat shred or stay in their form?
I have a huge slow cooker and dont think all of those ingredients would have fit.Happy you enjoyed.

I did up the heat, doubled the red peppers and added 3 insanely hot jalapenos.
The meat is still cubed. I put a huge amount of chili over a pile of chips, then smothered with cheese and covered with Sour cream.
Chili2.jpg Chili3.jpg Chili4.jpg

It tasted like red chili enchaladas....so GOOD!!!!

Post that recipe, I'll try it next time I get a day off..:thumbsup:

Very nice, indeed @SpongeBob*24! I like the cubed meat idea!

I love sour cream as well. The only thing I don't like about sour cream is the fact that I waited so long before I actually found out that I liked it. :(

@SpongeBob*24

Hatch, NM roasted green chili is amazing. When I was younger my family and I would head out to purchase giant sacks of chili. Year long supply of roasted green chili.

Once had an 18 spice chili in a sports bar.It was only a weekend event. Many CAR guys frequented the place-pretty sure one of them made it. Dont know the recipe but sooo much heat couldnt taste the flavour. Tongue was numb lol Will post another chili recipe tomorrow.

Champion Chili
The person won 25 grand for this. Stumbled upon it while looking for the other chili recipe.Does not have beans in it-you can always tweek.

3 lbs of steak-cut into 1 inch cubes or less
2 T oil
1 yellow onion
14 ounces beef broth
9 T chili powder seems like a lot to me
4 jalapenos
1 tsp brown sugar
6 cl of garlic
1 tsp oregano
3 T cumin
8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 tsp tobasco
1 lime

Brown meat in oil.Add the onion and enough beef broth to cover meat.Bring to a boil. Cook 15 min.Add cumin and oregano. Reduce heat. Cook until tender-add rest of ingredients. Simmer as long as you can.

Champion Chili
The person won 25 grand for this. Stumbled upon it while looking for the other chili recipe.Does not have beans in it-you can always tweek.

3 lbs of steak-cut into 1 inch cubes or less
2 T oil
1 yellow onion
14 ounces beef broth
9 T chili powder seems like a lot to me
4 jalapenos
1 tsp brown sugar
6 cl of garlic
1 tsp oregano
3 T cumin
8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 tsp tobasco
1 lime

Brown meat in oil.Add the onion and enough beef broth to cover meat.Bring to a boil. Cook 15 min.Add cumin and oregano. Reduce heat. Cook until tender-add rest of ingredients. Simmer as long as you can.

Concur! That is a generous amount of the hot stuff:dead:.

I did up the heat, doubled the red peppers and added 3 insanely hot jalapenos.
The meat is still cubed. I put a huge amount of chili over a pile of chips, then smothered with cheese and covered with Sour cream.
View attachment 15200 View attachment 15201 View attachment 15202

It tasted like red chili enchaladas....so GOOD!!!!

Post that recipe, I'll try it next time I get a day off..:thumbsup:

Why the paper plate?
Why on a paper plate, man? Doesn't the food need to be showcased on proper ware, rather than the acids seeping through the paper making it all bendy and unmanageable and shit?
Or, or is this just laziness? Was all the energy spent on cooking and you had nothing left for doing dishes?
People need to know.

Why the paper plate?
Why on a paper plate, man? Doesn't the food need to be showcased on proper ware, rather than the acids seeping through the paper making it all bendy and unmanageable and shit?
Or, or is this just laziness? Was all the energy spent on cooking and you had nothing left for doing dishes?
People need to know.

Nothing like Chile served in a Ceramic bowl either bright red, to match the taste, or a desert southwest motif.

I don't have recipes, I should say "go by" recipes. Like Red Flag 1's Granddad, I tend to throw things together and it comes out pretty all right. Much of traditional foods be it Italian, French, etc.,is really made up of cheap, readily available ingredients. A lot of the best French food isn't about escargots, it's how meats, vegetables and other ingredients are prepped and cooked.
Nothing expensive. I liken it to peasant food (on my mother's side, all French peasantry). Anyway, the French "version" of Chili could be considered to be Cassoulet. I don't cook it because the ingredients aren't easy to find.Plus I don't have much time. Here's a recipe:

Traditional French Cassoulet

oh ok-glad to hear you are with French ties. Want to learn 2 French dishes.Heads up-dont know how to cook them or spell them.Beef Bourgnigne and Coq au vin.Going to check your Cassoulet out.

I don't have recipes, I should say "go by" recipes. Like Red Flag 1's Granddad, I tend to throw things together and it comes out pretty all right. Much of traditional foods be it Italian, French, etc.,is really made up of cheap, readily available ingredients. A lot of the best French food isn't about escargots, it's how meats, vegetables and other ingredients are prepped and cooked.
Nothing expensive. I liken it to peasant food (on my mother's side, all French peasantry). Anyway, the French "version" of Chili could be considered to be Cassoulet. I don't cook it because the ingredients aren't easy to find.Plus I don't have much time. Here's a recipe:

Frank misses nothing, EVER! He has me pegged.

After watching Gramp for so long, and doing some things that came out just flat rotten; I've learned. I can write down what I do, but it won't come out the same. I do things differently depending on how a cut of meat is cut, and how it looks. That simple thing changes what I do across the board. I do tend to use Burgundy in most of my beef dishes, so my Chili will have that in it. All that said, I rather like Frank's Cassoulet.

Recipe looks phenom.Will try it. Thanks for sharing that Frank.

Frank misses nothing, EVER! He has me pegged.

After watching Gramp for so long, and doing some things that came out just flat rotten; I've learned. I can write down what I do, but it won't come out the same. I do things differently depending on how a cut of meat is cut, and how it looks. That simple thing changes what I do across the board. I do tend to use Burgundy in most of my beef dishes, so my Chili will have that in it. All that said, I rather like Frank's Cassoulet.
I know you are a great cook-especially Italian.Heard of beef burgandy.Does it tenderize the meat or flavour the dish?..

I do things differently depending on how a cut of meat is cut, and how it looks. That simple thing changes what I do across the board.

Cooking is really part of the social fabric, which starts at home. After years of homemade meals, you can tell something about the mood of the family member who prepared it. Not to mention that cooking is an excellent way to relieve stress, unless you somehow feel it's an obligation, a chore. When you cook, you make something others not only need, but enjoy.

Back