One word-Chili

I know you are a great cook-especially Italian.Heard of beef burgandy.Does it tenderize the meat or flavour the dish?..

The Burgundy does both. If you add some Burgundy to ground beef, it helps breakdown the bond for a smoother texture.

Cooking is really part of the social fabric, which starts at home. After years of homemade meals, you can tell something about the mood of the family member who prepared it. Not to mention that cooking is an excellent way to relieve stress, unless you somehow feel it's an obligation, a chore. When you cook, you make something others not only need, but enjoy.

I have to agree with your observation that cooking is a stress reliever, I love to cook. It takes me about three hours to get my beef and pork pasta sauce cooked to serve. Once done, I love to just sit back and watch my kids, and theirs enjoy the meal.

I agree with you both. Cooking is a stress reliever. Always have made homemade meals everyday for yrs. If you dont cook with love then it is a chore and probably wouldnt taste the same as if you had put that passion into it.

Would love a good-no great bolognese recipe.hint hint Red Flag lol.

Why the paper plate?
Why on a paper plate, man? Doesn't the food need to be showcased on proper ware, rather than the acids seeping through the paper making it all bendy and unmanageable and shit?
Or, or is this just laziness? Was all the energy spent on cooking and you had nothing left for doing dishes?
People need to know.

I am all about the taste, no presentation skillz!
Yes I am lazy, and yes I worked all weekend, not excuses just reality!

With that being said, I took your advice and put it on a real plate...somewhat southwestern.........

Chili5.jpg

WHAT!?!?!?:ninja::-o:blkeye:

I am all about the taste, no presentation skillz!
Yes I am lazy, and yes I worked all weekend, not excuses just reality!

With that being said, I took your advice and put it on a real plate...somewhat southwestern.........

View attachment 15225

WHAT!?!?!?:ninja::-o:blkeye:
lol-are those french fries? Did do chili and cheese on fries before.Still looks good.

I tried this chili the following ways:
PLAIN
In a bowl covered in sour cream and cheese
On Mission tortilla strips with sour cream and cheese
On White rice covered in sour cream and cheese
On tator tots covered in cheese
On Crinkle fries covered in cheese

I still have more.....it just doesn't get old!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds amazing!!

My plan this Saturday is a southwestern breakfast skillet:
Eggs, your chili recipe, potatoes, rotella tomatoes, bacon and CHEESE!!!

Will take pics....:-":ninja::zzz:

Here is the burger I made for my girls.....while I continue to drive on thru the chili war of OH 16.

Burger1.jpg

Last meal, with your chili....chili cheeseburgers with bacon from the skillet!!!O_o;-)

Sounds amazing!!

My plan this Saturday is a southwestern breakfast skillet:
Eggs, your chili recipe, potatoes, rotella tomatoes, bacon and CHEESE!!!

Will take pics....:-":ninja::zzz:
Sounds so delicious.Unfortunately all I can get down for breakfast is yogurt.Look forward to the pics.Do you own any cast iron pans or pots?

@SpongeBob*24
At the local community college they would serve a dish with fries and green chili. Fries on bottom layer, cheese in middle layer, and then they would spoon piping hot chili over the cheese. It was amazing! Something about melted cheese, chili, and fried potatoes... Damn I miss dairy products.:(

I know its the chili thread but here are some BBQ Sauce Recipes I promised-can only put up 2 today. Have many more.

Pyro BBQ Sauce

2 cups cider vinegar
2 thirds cup ketchup
half cup brown sugar
1 T tobasco or Franks
1 T lime juice
1 T ww sauce-worchestershire. hard word for me to say so I call it WW.
2 T margerine
1 tsp crushed chillies or cayenne
1 tsp dry mustard
half tsp salt
half tsp pepper
2 diced jalapenos or a hotter pepper if you like

Combine all ingredients. Cook for 30 min over med-low heat.Makes about 3 cups.

Chipotle BBQ Sauce

6 chipotle peppers
1 c boiling water
1 onion
half cup brown sugar
half cup cider vinegar
half cup water
1 12 oz can tomato paste
4 cl of garlic
2 T margerine or butter
1 T soy sauce
1 and a half tsp of both cumin, thyme, and dry mustard
1 tsp tobasco or Franks

Soak chiles in boiling water for 1 hr. Remove stems.
Melt butter, adding onions and spices. When onions are done add rest of ingredients.

Back