open water and mountain rescues

gyellow

Unverified
Hey guys,

I recently had a special tactics liason come to our base and I asked him a question regarding bases after graduating PJU. My question was as far as open water rescue which base sees alot of action regarding open water rescues and he stated that alaska pj's were constantly busy with water rescues and were also extremely busy with mountain rescues? Im really interested in the open water rescue and monutain rescue aspect of pararescue and was wondering which bases saw the most action for these aspects? I know its a ways a way but I was just curious. Thank you

Gregg

alaska is a pretty good bet. Hard to get a slot there though- its a guard unit, so it doesnt work like the rest of the active duty spots. Japan is a good open water unit, from what I hear.

o i didnt know alaska was a guard unit! And Japan huh? That is a special tactics squadron and not a rescue squadron correct?

o i didnt know alaska was a guard unit! And Japan huh? That is a special tactics squadron and not a rescue squadron correct?

japan(okinawa) has both. moody isnt to bad for the occasional open ocean rescue. you're going to get a little taste of everything no matter what team you go to.

Thats what I like to hear!! I say im mainly interested in open water and mountain rescue but then I think about CSAR and other aspects and that gets me all jacked up just as much lol..Thanks for the responses guys

Back