Optics & Iron Sights

Yeah, on a 45 offset. When I deploy with it on scene I don’t want to carry an AR and the MR762. One of our snipers ran into a suspect we were looking for in a back yard that was “secured.” The Police on scene told him that the suspect was inside his house. He ended up having to kill the guy. Basically the offset RMR allows me to use it if we have to while getting into position.

Police confirm identify of SWAT officer who shot Alexander

Hmmm. I had never thought about the role of the long gun inside those distances. When I was a medic on the tac team, our snipers deployed with long gun as well as an AR/HK MP5.

Hmmm. I had never thought about the role of the long gun inside those distances. When I was a medic on the tac team, our snipers deployed with long gun as well as an AR/HK MP5.

That’s really why I like the option of the semi-auto DMR, I guess would be the correct term. A very generous LE supporter donated the 4 MRs and 20 HK416s to the team. I asked for an MP7, my request was denied...haha

That’s really why I like the option of the semi-auto DMR, I guess would be the correct term. A very generous LE supporter donated the 4 MRs and 20 HK416s to the team. I asked for an MP7, my request was denied...haha

LOL....yeah, I'd take the MP7, too....

THAT is one very generous supporter.

You are correct, that was my thought. They just seem pointless on this rig but if the scope goes down then the scope comes off and irons come up. Thisis the mount I purchased.

The more I researched the more I disliked the offset BUIS. I do however, like the offset RMR @policemedic. My question is mounting all of this. From what I have read you want to keep the scope mount on the upper receiver and not have any portion on the forend. With the rear BUIS mounted as far back as possible the only place for the RMR would be on the forend. Is that how you have it set up?

For clairty, I don't have two optics on my rifle. Eotech, flip-away 3x magnifier, flip-up front and rear BUIS, and (until I had to turn it back into the quartermaster) a Surefire X400. It's good for inside a room out to 600m.

Not to derail; at the range today I saw this old guy shuffle on a walking stick up to the mound to do some bench rest shooting.
I said to my buddy, “ There goes Yoda.”
He says, “He shoots iron sights. He’s 98, but he’s not old enough to graduate to glass.”
...and he’s an awesome shot.

Not to derail; at the range today I saw this old guy shuffle on a walking stick up to the mound to do some bench rest shooting.
I said to my buddy, “ There goes Yoda.”
He says, “He shoots iron sights. He’s 98, but he’s not old enough to graduate to glass.”
...and he’s an awesome shot.

The ability to shoot with irons is becoming a lost art.

Back