Overseas Cell Phone

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
I'm travelling to Ireland in October to participate in a conference at a location outside of Ireland. My wife and mother are coming with me, they're going to visit some of my mother's family while I'm doing the conference. My only major concern is comms, as far as I know none of the phones we currently have will work outside the US. What's the best way to overcome this? I was thinking about either ordering some "this will work in Ireland" disposable cell phones off the Internet, or sending some money to one of my friends who lives there and asking him to pick me up a couple of phones. Suggestions?

I think it would be helpful to know how long you will be out of the country, some plans are by minutes while others are by month or whatnot.

You can jump on Amazon and pick up a cheap quad band unlocked phone. Either that or I'd just pick up something prepaid when I get there, than stash the phones in a drawer somewhere when you get home in case you need them again.

You can jump on Amazon and pick up a cheap quad band unlocked phone. Either that or I'd just pick up something prepaid when I get there, than stash the phones in a drawer somewhere when you get home in case you need them again.

As your BN S6...ditto.

If your phone is unlocked, I'll pick up a prepay sim card.. Vodafone Ireland is probably the best for coverage.

Contact gunnerjohn and ask what he did.. AFAIK he was able to use his Cell here. I know because I talked to the Troll and TS from PS.com on his phone.

My "keeping up" days are OVER. The last time I was in Europe (sent to England while I was deployed to Iraq), I got blasted out of my gourd with hard cider (some old English dude at the pub said American's can't handle cider). I ended up getting sick in my host' driveway the next morning, and had to do my presentation all hung over. NOT doing that again. Two pints or two shots per night, my limit.

My "keeping up" days are OVER. The last time I was in Europe (sent to England while I was deployed to Iraq), I got blasted out of my gourd with hard cider (some old English dude at the pub said American's can't handle cider). I ended up getting sick in my host' driveway the next morning, and had to do my presentation all hung over. NOT doing that again. Two pints or two shots per night, my limit.

Its alright Sir... your in safe hands with I.:-":-"

Pick up an unlocked GSM phone on Ebay and then get a pre-paid SIM over there. We're doing the same thing for my youngest who is doing a semester in the UK.

Back