painting / coating equipment multicam etc...

pardus

Verified Military
I had but then lost a website that will paint / duracoat / cerakote anything you send them.

Guns, knifes, helmets etc...

Single colors, Multicam etc...

Does anyone know of such a place?

I had but then lost a website that will paint / duracoat / cerakote anything you send them.

Guns, knifes, helmets etc...

Single colors, Multicam etc...

Does anyone know of such a place?
Pardus.. I have a lot of experience with both DuraCoat and KG GunKote.. what were you looking to have done?

Pardus.. I have a lot of experience with both DuraCoat and KG GunKote.. what were you looking to have done?

A helmet for a start which I guess duracoat would be fine.
I want to get my AR done as well sometime, my limited understanding is that cerakote is the way to go for that though.

KG GunKote is pretty well the same as cerakote, just thiner. Personally I would go with cerakote for the AR, and I would just spray paint the brain bucket.

OK thanks.
The helmet is going to be worn with a mutlicam uniform which is why I was leaning towards getting it multicam.

If you can, get the material and have somebody make a helmet cover ... if you will be in a hot or cold environment, it does make a difference in heat/cold transfer...
Agreed, also is a bit handier in those situations that require a little extra cammo to break up the outline. ;)

Helmet cover is no problem, they are available all over the place and I'll get one issued.
Helmet covers are the best camo but my helmet is going to have crap stuck all over it so not sure if i'll be able to use one.

Helmet cover is no problem, they are available all over the place and I'll get one issued.
Helmet covers are the best camo but my helmet is going to have crap stuck all over it so not sure if i'll be able to use one.
Have cutouts with the edges reinforced for where your gear will be. Put it on and mark the spots and then take it to any sewing shop for retro. Or send it to LL;)

cut slices for the equipment mounts, and have those serged/oversewn once you get eveything placed, stitch up tight to the mount(s) edges, leaving the attachment areas open. If it's a CIF issue item, buy one and modify it so you don't get charged for it on turn-in.

I used to have multiple helmet covers, 1 was brand new and unmodified the rest were changed out for different missions (if we were required to wear helmets after jumping)

Hit the helmet with some krylon and be done with it Brother.

Have cutouts with the edges reinforced for where your gear will be. Put it on and mark the spots and then take it to any sewing shop for retro. Or send it to LL;)

cut slices for the equipment mounts, and have those serged/oversewn once you get eveything placed, stitch up tight to the mount(s) edges, leaving the attachment areas open. If it's a CIF issue item, buy one and modify it so you don't get charged for it on turn-in.

I used to have multiple helmet covers, 1 was brand new and unmodified the rest were changed out for different missions (if we were required to wear helmets after jumping)

Excellent. Thanks guys.

I was just reading up on Cerakote as this is the first Ihave heard of it.. Pretty impressive. I have done several guns and knives for my buddies at work using GunKote which I think is better and seems to hold up better than DuraCoat but from what I am seeing on thier site Cerakote does seem to perform much better than both. I have to look into this some more.. may have to order some and try it out. I am with JAB on the helmet.... I would just spray paint that thing. The AR, I can say I have done many an AR and GunKote does extremely well... never had issues and since you bake it there is not cure time. I have seen DuraCoat get all jacked up because it was heated all to hell on the barrel of an AR from shooting and it wasnt fully cured.. it turned all kinds of different colors then cracked and chipped all to hell. I was talking to Troll and we were talking of yo heading out this way.. I will actually be moving out your way and be in the VA area end of next month. Maybe you can come out and we can drink some beer, paint guns, and design Smatchets and bayonets lol!

I was just reading up on Cerakote as this is the first Ihave heard of it.. Pretty impressive. I have done several guns and knives for my buddies at work using GunKote which I think is better and seems to hold up better than DuraCoat but from what I am seeing on thier site Cerakote does seem to perform much better than both. I have to look into this some more.. may have to order some and try it out. I am with JAB on the helmet.... I would just spray paint that thing. The AR, I can say I have done many an AR and GunKote does extremely well... never had issues and since you bake it there is not cure time. I have seen DuraCoat get all jacked up because it was heated all to hell on the barrel of an AR from shooting and it wasnt fully cured.. it turned all kinds of different colors then cracked and chipped all to hell. I was talking to Troll and we were talking of yo heading out this way.. I will actually be moving out your way and be in the VA area end of next month. Maybe you can come out and we can drink some beer, paint guns, and design Smatchets and bayonets lol!

You are still leaving your grinders, drill presses, millers, bead blasters and kydex forming gear for me here, right? Is beer allowable next weekend or is there still adult supervision from out-of state?

Pardus... the team/platoon should all be pretty uniform in how the helmets are modified... it makes it easier to spot your guys on the ground when the SHTF.

I will actually be moving out your way and be in the VA area end of next month. Maybe you can come out and we can drink some beer, paint guns, and design Smatchets and bayonets lol!

That could be arraigned!

Hey Pardus... you should paint your helmet.. maybe use some Krylon. LMAO.. or use cutouts, reinforce, take to sew shop..
am I being helpful?

No you bastige! lol

You are still leaving your grinders, drill presses, millers, bead blasters and kydex forming gear for me here, right? Is beer allowable next weekend or is there still adult supervision from out-of state?

Pardus... the team/platoon should all be pretty uniform in how the helmets are modified... it makes it easier to spot your guys on the ground when the SHTF.
Umm... lets go down the list.. F NO, F NO, F NO, F NO, F NO and finally F NO and yes Beer is mandatory next weekend.. the rug rats went back to Texas..

Back