Pakistan to US: GTFO

Sounds good to me. They need to land something that sets geiger counters off as a going away present to that shithole.
We were joking around when I was in the 82nd and decided (as privates) that the military should build underground bombs into every piece of ground they ever set up FOBs/COPs/etc on as part of a long term contingency plan. Ranging from small devices that take out the specific building for targeting HVIs, to strategic level nukes. Maybe we can install a couple real quick before we leave.

We were joking around when I was in the 82nd and decided (as privates) that the military should build underground bombs into every piece of ground they ever set up FOBs/COPs/etc on as part of a long term contingency plan. Ranging from small devices that take out the specific building for targeting HVIs, to strategic level nukes. Maybe we can install a couple real quick before we leave.
Set them torandomly go off on every holiday once a departure code is entered.

Saying that our guys took fire from Pakistan is like saying that gas prices are going up: You know it has happened, it is happening, and it will happen in the future, you just don't know the amount or when.

Our ROE is so restrictive when it come to PK that we don't fire across the border because we hate the PK's or whatever, and the number of people who sign off on, or are aware of, that decision is enormous. People see these incidents and act like some Colonel Kurtz is roaming the countryside with an army of kill-crazy Manson family wannabes. Besides, how many times have the PK's fired on our guys? A bunch. How many times have we taken fire from areas right next to a border post only to have the PK's deny that any such fire existed? A bunch. How many times have we asked to pursue/ fire into PK and were denied? A metric shit-ton.

For a second I thought I'd shed a tear for the deceased PK soldiers, but then realized that swelling of emotion I have is the squirts from eating fried chicken for breakfast. My vacation rocks.

FUCK Pakistan. I hope the ammo guys at Bagram work to exhaustion loading PK-bound bombs on Strike Eagles and Vipers.

Honey badger, FTW.

ROFL....Free your my new hero, I would put your picture on my mantle just for that post.

As long as the only KIA are State Department.
Old folks like me remember the US Embassy in Waki-stan burning down.

One of the first chapters in Ghost Wars by Coll has the embassy's story. The PK's sat on their hands while it was looted and burned.

Have I mentioned "Fuck Pakistan!" lately?

Just incase Free is drunk and sleeping on the job again as he is on vacation, let me just issue a pre-emptive "FUCK PAKISTAN" so we are never one short.

Catchy title there.
91081312.JPG

Bro, who do you think is guarding them now? That article should read "DOS has been using locals..." Nothing new here man and definitely not newsworthy.

I understand that, but they are looking at contracting them and kicking our guys out (at this point we still have guys running security), at least that's what I remember getting out of the article. I may need to read it again though.

I understand that, but they are looking at contracting them and kicking our guys out (at this point we still have guys running security), at least that's what I remember getting out of the article. I may need to read it again though.

Dude, firsthand knowledge: hajji stands "guard" out front of the dip residences in PK. Sure the RSO runs the program but hajji is fricken hajji man. It's pretty SOP worldwide (in areas where security is needed) to have Localy Employeed Staff provide security outside of residences.

Dude, firsthand knowledge: hajji stands "guard" out front of the dip residences in PK. Sure the RSO runs the program but hajji is fricken hajji man. It's pretty SOP worldwide (in areas where security is needed) to have Localy Employeed Staff provide security outside of residences.

Right.

The part I am focusing on is that we currently have our own people there. As I understood the article (maybe I misunderstood it), our guys wouldn't be there anymore once the contract is made. Did I misunderstand/misread something?

Only U.S. contractors aren’t exactly the most popular people in Pakistan, after CIA contractor Ray Davis caused an international incident by killing two Pakistanis in Lahore who he said tried to rob him. Hiring Pakistanis instead looks like a goodwill gesture, even if it was born out of necessity.
New contract = No more good guys... only PK dudes.

That's what I am upset about. Maybe it wasn't dumbed down enough for me and will be business as normal, but I read it as things were possibly/probably going to change.

Back