PC Builds and Command Center setups

I use mine for youtube...

and gaming, scripting, work related stuffs, hacking, and sometimes school stuff

Had some hardware failures and needed to RMA a few items. I was getting near constant BSODs and they were all hardware codes. I replaced the processor, motherboard, and RAM before I found out it was the processor that was bad from the start. After a full wipe and reinstall things appear to be running better than ever before. Weird I know. New equipment includes:
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Turbo Unlocked
RAM: Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon

Dunno why it is rotating the image, but I dont care lol. Just an idea of what the new setup looks like. The new motherboard has a better LED setup if you're into that sort of thing.

Kind of cheated and bought a prebuilt PC.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...4gb-240gb-ssd-1tb-hdd/6436829.p?skuId=6436829

Aside from adding RAM, will this graphics card be ok? The primary purpose of the PC will be for editing video and Flight Sim.

For now it's definitely good enough. If wait to e how the nvidia/amd cards kind of level out before spending anything. There's some pretty dramatic shortages right now that might drive up prices to any of the cards you'd be interested in.

BC5DF968-B7AB-414B-BAF2-8F1C06E93812.jpeg

I7 6800 Broadwell 6 core
GSkill TridentZ 32gig
Asrock Fatality x99
2 x nvidia Gtx 1070 FTW
All water cooling is from EKWB

Built this thing like 5+ years ago and it still crushes everything on the market on max settings. It’s also a beast for what I initially built it for, 3d modeling and graphic design. Render times are super fast. Ironically, I don’t even like playing graphic intensive games that much, so most of its potential is wasted on the gaming side...

I’ve been meaning to cut out the bottom to make room for the other radiator and fans to make
It completely silent so I don’t wake up my kid.

I'll second the Noctua fans, when they run on quiet mode (95%) you don't hear them even 4 feet away. When on full it sounds like rotors spinning up but damn do they quickly cool. Well worth the money.

Currently running the gentle typhoons, and if I’m not rendering or playing some crazy intensive program/game(and even then) it’s pretty silent. The rendering is what kills it. I actually put noctuas in all the builds I do for other people, they’re definitely one of the best fans out there. Cougar is another great one so far.

Looking to build a gaming computer for/with my son. I have built computers in the past, so assembly isn’t an issue, I just haven’t been involved in the scene for a while so I don’t know what the new hotness is.

Kid would like the computer to have all the cool color changing lights and stuff, and also be able to play Roblox, Fortnite, and Minecraft. Being able to support VR through his oculus quest is also a requirement.

For my own selfish wants, I would like it to be able to play DCS World on higher settings and using the VR headset.

Our budget is roughly $2k. If someone could assist with a build, maybe even send me a link on PC Part Picker for a build, it would be much appreciated. Oh, and this doesn’t need to include monitor or keyboard/mouse in the budget.

Looking to build a gaming computer for/with my son. I have built computers in the past, so assembly isn’t an issue, I just haven’t been involved in the scene for a while so I don’t know what the new hotness is.

Kid would like the computer to have all the cool color changing lights and stuff, and also be able to play Roblox, Fortnite, and Minecraft. Being able to support VR through his oculus quest is also a requirement.

For my own selfish wants, I would like it to be able to play DCS World on higher settings and using the VR headset.

Our budget is roughly $2k. If someone could assist with a build, maybe even send me a link on PC Part Picker for a build, it would be much appreciated. Oh, and this doesn’t need to include monitor or keyboard/mouse in the budget.
Here's a build with all the RGB lights, can play the latest games and is VR ready. You can also subtract $350 for the mouse and keyboard that are on the list.

ROG Razer Build

Back