Poser Busting

And he could be a real Marine who is just REALLY FUCKED UP. I've seen plenty of young Marines wearing jacked up uniforms; ribbons on the wrong side, rank insignia pinned to the collar in Charlies, boots with the service uniform, etc. All the ones I pulled aside seemed genuinely stupefied as to just how stupid they were.

Um.... everybody missed the black plastic bottom button on his blouse... and the worn spot in the blouse between the first and second button, just to the poser's own right of the button line. And the blue jeans or whatever he's wearing... no red stripe on the outside seams of the legs.

Chicken noodle on rye... or tomato on wonder...

Um.... everybody missed the black plastic bottom button on his blouse... and the worn spot in the blouse between the first and second button, just to the poser's own right of the button line. And the blue jeans or whatever he's wearing... no red stripe on the outside seams of the legs.

Chicken noodle on rye... or tomato on wonder...
Blood stripe is for NCO's. Hell even the poser knew that.lol

I'm more confused about why they chose to pose for the picture on THE FUCKING RAILROAD TRACKS... :wall:

Yeah, I agree with @0699 . He's probably just a fucked-up boot who messed up some of his bling. Are they giving out blues at boot camp these days? I know that they've done it on and off in the past 20 years, so it's possible that this kid bought his blues jacket later on and tried to hack it together. Still doesn't explain the subdued EGA on the cover :wall:

The biggest problem with the photo is the obvious douchebag on the right. You KNOW he's popped a collar or two in his life.

I currently work with a fella that claims he was on one of the Navy SWCC Teams back in his day of serving. He's your typical last base Larry type of guy that if you give him 2 minutes he will proceed to let (what I think is a load of horse shit) spill out of his mouth about various things he's done while he was in SWCC.
This morning during our daily morning safety meeting before work he once again felt the need to tell everybody about his experiences as SWCC. I almost called him out on it in front of everybody in our shop but I did not want to stir the pot and also have factual information if possible to back up my theory.
I have the utmost respect for those of you that serve as SWCC and I do not want him to continue to tarnish your name if he turns out to be a lying snake. Is there anything on a DD214 or vRED to verify?
Thank you in advance.

I appreciate the info and advice. As far I'm concerned it's a matter of right and wrong, he is a full grown 30+ year old that should know how wrong it is if he truly is a patriot that served our country.
He doesn't really have anybody backing him as he is hated by most of the shop I'm in because he is an annoying bloke who also creeps out all the females we work with.
I was going to challenge him one on one first when I get the info if he is a poser and see how he reacts.

I appreciate the info and advice. As far I'm concerned it's a matter of right and wrong, he is a full grown 30+ year old that should know how wrong it is if he truly is a patriot that served our country.
He doesn't really have anybody backing him as he is hated by most of the shop I'm in because he is an annoying bloke who also creeps out all the females we work with.
I was going to challenge him one on one first when I get the info if he is a poser and see how he reacts.

Get as much info as you can out of him in a friendly, conversational way...then file a Freedom of Information Act form 180 on his lying ass with the National Personnel Records Center...wait 60 to 90 days and then you'll know the truth. What you choose to do with it then is your business.

Get as much info as you can out of him in a friendly, conversational way...then file a Freedom of Information Act form 180 on his lying ass with the National Personnel Records Center...wait 60 to 90 days and then you'll know the truth. What you choose to do with it then is your business.

Do t you need a social for that?

And he could be a real Marine who is just REALLY FUCKED UP. I've seen plenty of young Marines wearing jacked up uniforms; ribbons on the wrong side, rank insignia pinned to the collar in Charlies, boots with the service uniform, etc. All the ones I pulled aside seemed genuinely stupefied as to just how stupid they were.
Confession time! A few several years ago I had to check into my new unit in my service alphas. I grabbed some rank insignia off my Charlies and everything was golden...until I threw on my Charlies (sans rank) that night for a wounded warrior battalion dinner function. Some Vietnam Vet came up to me and told me that I was the most decorated private he had ever seen. He assumed I had been NJPed a couple few times.

I took a picture and sent it to my old platoon sergeant with the caption, "this is what happens when officers don't have SNCO supervision". He responds by informing me that he forwarded the picture to that stolen valor website. True story. I had to explain that the poser private with the big ribbon stack and jump/dive insignia was actually a hosed up, but otherwise legitimate, Marine Captain.

Do t you need a social for that?

Nope. Name, branch of service, approximate dates of service...whatever you find out. Obviously
the more data the better. DOB would be good.

Posers like to talk about themselves so some of this stuff can be gleaned in casual conversation.

This has been posted before, but it's one of the 'best'....the recruiter is cool as hell.

Got dragged to a wedding last summer, not that I did not want to go, I was more enthused with throwing a turd out the Army instead of letting him become someone else's problem, anyways back to topic. While in Saratoga Springs I was in dress uniform, when I heard someone sprinting down the sidewalk over to me. I glance over and there is this dude eye-banging my uniform up and down, it took a couple of seconds for me to realize what he was doing and finally I ask him what's up. He tells me he was at Regiment before getting out and was not sure at the time if I was a poser, especially since my unit crest is the SF one but he couldn't see my long tab. News flash, enablers in the Groups/COMS ha ha ha. He shook my hand afterwards, I think he recognized some of the folks I knew from Regiment as well. Long story short, keep a copy of your SRB in your pocket if away from any military installation as there may pop up some one with a hard on to nab a poser like a 13 year old in search of Pokémon ha ha ha.

Buddy (Retired AF MAJ) sent me a text that there was a guy talking a bunch of trash at the local bar about his service and trying to get free drinks. My friend thought it didn't make sense, but might be because of differences between AF and Army. Asked me to come down there. So I went down, started the recorder in my pocket and then walked in. My friend was engaging him still, introduced him to me as "former Army" without mentioning my background. I asked him a few questions starting with "Did you serve overseas?" To which he responded that he worked on a classified IT network in Afghanistan that just happened to be the same period that I was doing IT over there... I started digging hard after that. Here are some of the claims this 24 year old made:

Was an original developer on NMAP (@AWP will laugh at that one)
got out as an E-7 Sergeant Major
Worked for the NSA now doing classified work as a "hacker" (guy at the next table happened to be a vetted retiree of the NSA laughing his a** off)
Started as Infantry with the 24th INF in Utah reclassed into IT
his IT MOS was classified, when pressed it was "34" that's it, just "34"
His unit was "5th Brigade" (no company battalion, BCT or division, even when asked directly)
Did his "induction" in Arizona then went to Texas for his PT's

Needless to say, after about an hour of screwing with the guy and drawing a small crowd, I just called him out on it. He tried to bluff his way through from there for a little bit, but eventually he realized that no one was going to talk to him, let alone buy him a drink, and left. He's never come back even though he lives in the apartments directly behind the bar...
-

Was an original developer on NMAP (@AWP will laugh at that one)

This one is so stupid I had to Google it to make sure I wasn't confused. Yeah, it's what I thought it to be, the tool we've used since the 90's. I'm surprised he didn't work with Torvalds on the Linux kernel....

Back