Poser Busting

Goddammit, I always wanted a set of Blues and an NCO sword and kept blowing my pay at The 8 Ball and The Other Place in J-Ville. Blues were $300 BITD and the sword was about $170...both outta my price range at the time. Now here come these cunt wanker peckerwoods with all the bling.

View attachment 22862View attachment 22863
Still one of my favorites. the dude on the right is wearing a pistol badge, plus an expert badge (multiple award) and then adds a 3rd Sharpshooter badge for good measure. LOL

Speaking of outing.....I had forgotten to bring this up here until I saw this thread revival.

Early January I was at a local chapter meeting for the Emergency Nurses Association. When I was there I ran into a dude who was a RN in the ED at UNC Hospitals (8 miles down the road), when he was there I knew him peripherally, though his wife and my wife were decent friends. We were in small groups and someone says to me, "hey you were in the Navy, did you know Raul (yes, real name) here was a SEAL?" My head did the quick swivel. "Really??" I ask. I follow with the standard: "What class number were you in?" Raul says, "it was way back in the 80s, we didn't have numbers, we had a winter class and a summer class." "uh huh," says I.... "that weird. My best friend Mike (real name, former corpsman) was in class 150 something, that was around 1990 if I believe. They had class numbers." So he says, "well, we had special classes without numbers...."

I didn't take it further. It wouldn't get either of us anywhere, but I made the others in the group aware that BUDS had class numbers since, well, the beginning. "Huh, isn't that something. All BUDS classes have numbers, but yours didn't? That really is incredible."
He knows that you know, and that kills him inside.

Had the distinct displeasure of calling a guy out in my Flight Medic course today. He introduced himself as a PJ, so being in the Air Force, I naturally introduced myself and asked him about his service while we were on a break. He immediately clammed up and said he was in a unit he couldnt talk about, was in the reserves so he "technically didnt have a rank" and couldnt tell me what class he was in at Medina or Kirtland. Then went on to talk about how he was a qualified Force Recon Scout Sniper and was trained to the level of a corpsman. I just laughed at him and walked away.

Couldnt help but think about DevilDoc and his fake SEAL experience in the ER I heard about on this thread. Its like these posers go to a convention and talk about their cover stories in case they ever get asked.

I like this judge's style, and just another reason why Montana is so great:
2 men who lied about being veterans ordered to write names of Americans killed in combat

Pinski said that before either men could be eligible for parole they'd have to hand-write the names of all 6,756 Americans killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to the Great Falls Tribune. Both men were also sentenced to hand-write the obituaries of the 40 Montanans killed in those wars and send letters of apology to several veterans groups.

Once out on parole, both men must go to the Montana Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day and Veterans Day, during the suspended portions of their sentences, and wear a sign that reads: "I am a liar. I am not a veteran. I stole valor. I dishonored all veterans," NBC affiliate KRTV reports...

...He also assigned both men 441 hours of community service, one hour for each Montana resident who has died since the Korean War.

Last edited:
I currently work with a fella that claims he was on one of the Navy SWCC Teams back in his day of serving. He's your typical last base Larry type of guy that if you give him 2 minutes he will proceed to let (what I think is a load of horse shit) spill out of his mouth about various things he's done while he was in SWCC.
This morning during our daily morning safety meeting before work he once again felt the need to tell everybody about his experiences as SWCC. I almost called him out on it in front of everybody in our shop but I did not want to stir the pot and also have factual information if possible to back up my theory.
I have the utmost respect for those of you that serve as SWCC and I do not want him to continue to tarnish your name if he turns out to be a lying snake. Is there anything on a DD214 or vRED to verify?
Thank you in advance.

Do you still work with this guy?

Get as much info as you can out of him in a friendly, conversational way...then file a Freedom of Information Act form 180 on his lying ass with the National Personnel Records Center...wait 60 to 90 days and then you'll know the truth. What you choose to do with it then is your business.

I didn’t know this existed!!! Will the person be notified?

Do you still work with this guy?

I didn’t know this existed!!! Will the person be notified?

Nope. If you file the request the information comes back to you. Be advised, if the individual whose information you're requesting was never in the military, the reply will simply be: no records found.

@The Quartermaster -

I'm going to 'hide' that stuff until it can be run past the rest of the Site Staff. Not really sure what we are supposed to do with a dozen screen shots of another forum's discussions about someone we don't know or are aware of.
Hopefully I didn't break rules, I asked in the open mic thread. If I caused a problem please let me know so that it won't happen again.

Well that chef's hat for a beret could have been a dead giveaway, but let's not pretend that actual serving or had served goofballs were just as jacked up too. Google images is fricking FOREVER.

Backstory?

Blew it with service strips on left sleeve. Flash on wrong side. Would love to see unit patch. Click on that little picture on the right bottom of the main picture. Anyone ever heard of a former Maj (UK)?

Last edited:
I typed in MAJ (Ret) Lynn Kite and it goes to a Facebook page. Anyone that has Facebook might find more pics. I don't have Facebook so unable to see.

Maybe but then there should have been only 2 services stripes, not an arm full. Later in my career I was given a direct commission and even I knew not to put a service stripe on my class A officer uniform. You are only allowed the combat stripes on the lower right sleeve. I know he didn't have those on while active duty or even in the Guard or he would have been called out.

As noted, officers don't wear service stripes (I don't know why, it's one of those O things). But service stripes are allocated 1 for every three years of service. I can't get a good count on his stripes because they all kind of run together in the pic, but it looks like they are in the teens, which would indicate over 30 years of service. He claims 27 years, so his story isn't matching his uniform.

Back