Post choice night at the Service Academies

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
When does service selection go? Any Semper Fi society types on here? I’m looking for an event schedule.

Last edited:
"Another member of Palmore's company, one of just 34 seniors out of 1,053 to be assigned to the Navy SEALs, cried" with joy at his future marketing and revenue potential.
They have pumped those numbers way up. I think we only had ten or twelve SEAL quotas in my class. Barnes and Noble must be putting out a pretty strong demand signal.

Service selection is always right before Thanksgiving Break. This year it was the 16th. Many companies just gather everyone in the company wardroom and announce assignments individually, but some do some unique things like the 12th with the cupcakes @Teufel mentioned. I know one that plays music associated with the respective branches (Highway to the Danger Zone for Naval Aviation for example). Most companies have facebook pages that livestream it in case anyone here is interested in watching.

Ship selection for future SWOs is towards the end of January. That'll be livestreamed too.

Service selection is always right before Thanksgiving Break. This year it was the 16th. Many companies just gather everyone in the company wardroom and announce assignments individually, but some do some unique things like the 12th with the cupcakes @Teufel mentioned. I know one that plays music associated with the respective branches (Highway to the Danger Zone for Naval Aviation for example). Most companies have facebook pages that livestream it in case anyone here is interested in watching.

Ship selection for future SWOs is towards the end of January. That'll be livestreamed too.
Your bio says you are just 16. How do you know all this? I’m genuinely curious.

<whispering to myself....>
Please don’t say “from the internet”

How do you know? Aren’t you still in high school? My service selection night was in January of my senior year so it hasn’t “always been before Thanksgiving”.

How do you know? Aren’t you still in high school? My service selection night was in January of my senior year so it hasn’t “always been before Thanksgiving”.
Sorry for not clarifying on that one. It has been around Thanksgiving/before break since at least 2009.

Your bio says you are just 16. How do you know all this? I’m genuinely curious.
I will be applying in just a few months and I am friends with several current Midshipmen. I was on campus when service selection was ramping up and got to see into the process. My apologies if I am out of place here but I figured I could add some insight into the process.

Sorry for not clarifying on that one. It has been around Thanksgiving/before break since at least 2009.

I will be applying in just a few months and I am friends with several current Midshipmen. I was on campus when service selection was ramping up and got to see into the process. My apologies if I am out of place here but I figured I could add some insight into the process.

The Marine officer/ NA grad in this thread wasn't doing enough?

Don't answer. Chalk all of this up as a learning point and move on.

Back