Prep for the BRC

nsmithrpd

Unverified
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to get ready to go out do well at this course. I've been doing all my swimming in cammies and than obviously pt aside what I put my squad through in the mornings. Just looking for.any advice from anyone who's been through the course.

Cpl. Smith

Brc has a lot of swimming involved, do a lot 500m swims for time using the side stroke or breast stroke. The runs are at a very fast pace and you would perform better if you were used to fast pace runs already. Some guys have trouble with underwater crossovers, so make sure your good and comfortable with that. If you bust your ass and the instructors see it, they will most likely help with your faults. Get some ruck runs in too, that's what kicked me in the nuts at first but once you get use to the suc, its not all that bad.

Hey,

Thanks man, I'm pretty excited to.get there and get the course behind me. I've been focusing a lot on swimming and rucking. I don't want to just pass I really want to tear it up!!

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to get ready to go out do well at this course. I've been doing all my swimming in cammies and than obviously pt aside what I put my squad through in the mornings. Just looking for.any advice from anyone who's been through the course.

Cpl. Smith
Did you already leave for BRC? If not what have you been doing to prepare yourself?

Not yet I'm slated to go in January. For prep I've been doing a lot of pool work/finning... and as far as pt have been following a crossfit program. On the knowledge side a lot of CFF,HRST KNOTS, THE CREED.

Yeah I got a pair of scuba pro jets and blacked out chucky Ts and have been trying to but some distance on my legs. Without sounding to cocky "which is the last thing I want to do, since I have no right to speak on the Recon community until I'm part of it" I would ultimetly like to get into one of the force comapnies. So I really want to make a strong impression at the course!!!

Well I was at one of the Force Reconnaissance Companies but let me know when you "ultimetly" find one of the force "comapnies". One of the first things they focus on at BRC is attention to detail.

This site is great and there are a lot knowledgeable pros on here. I can definitely appreciate the criticism and learn from those that have done it. I plan on staying in the USMC for the long haul and would like to push it as far as I possibly can. Thanks for the advice with the finning . I have started getting into the ocean and training there as opposed to the calm waters of the pool.

Back