Presidential First 90 Days Thread

I'd like to see exactly what Trump put in his first 100 days outline. Ram it down their throats quick fast and in a hurry. About like how Obamacare was done in the beginning of his administration. The Term limits ammendment would probably be the one best thing a Trump administration could do. Everything else would be awesome, but term limits for Congress, would change politics forever.

I'd like to see exactly what Trump put in his first 100 days outline. Ram it down their throats quick fast and in a hurry. About like how Obamacare was done in the beginning of his administration. The Term limits ammendment would probably be the one best thing a Trump administration could do. Everything else would be awesome, but term limits for Congress, would change politics forever.

So you think a republican senate and congress are going to vote to impose term limits on themselves? All the lolz

So you think a republican senate and congress are going to vote to impose term limits on themselves? All the lolz

No, I think it would be impossible for either party to pass. But I think push, when they refuse, get on prime time and point it out to the American people and call for a states convention. Get the states together, with the current mood (obvious through the election) they could pass it without congress/senate...and boom, career fuck nuggets are done...from both parties.

No, I think it would be impossible for either party to pass. But I think push, when they refuse, get on prime time and point it out to the American people and call for a states convention. Get the states together, with the current mood (obvious through the election) they could pass it without congress/senate...and boom, career fuck nuggets are done...from both parties.

As much as I like the idea there's no way career politicians (writ large) are going to pull the e brake on their gravy train. Especially if there's any threat of swift repercussion.

Alrighty!

So, here is what I would like to see-

- The election is over. I'd like to see "Presidential" behavior. Prove to me that the election was what you needed to do, but not who you are. I would love to come back after 100 days and say, "I felt like electing him was a mistake but now I think I need to reconsider that."
- Hard looks/revision/maybe outright withdrawal from TPP/NAFTA (I am only soft on this because I don't think I know enough about how much these policies hurt American trade and economy. Anyone with an "Idiots Guide to Geotrade" I would appreciate it)
- Agree with @Etype on the mil restructuring. It's obvious we aren't gonna get "more", so let's make us more efficient. Whether that answer comes in the form of "not as many people in as many places" or "leverage technology" or whatever buzzword I am supposed to use, great.
- Agree w @Freefalling about the VA. Burn it to the damn ground. Steps toward a more affordable, actually usable healthcare is important to me too, however, I don't know how realistic that is inside of 3 months.

Even with a Republican House/Senate, the first 100 days are going to be gone before we know it. But progress, greatness, and a return to prosperity is what I was promised. I would like some tangible steps toward that.

No one is in TPP at the moment it didn't pass Congress IIRC. So there's nothing to withdraw from.

No one is in TPP at the moment it didn't pass Congress IIRC. So there's nothing to withdraw from.
Noted, I misspoke there.

I grouped it poorly; I would like a "hard look" about TPP, and up to a full withdrawal from NAFTA. I communicated that one in a confusing way.

I don't like the TPP deal (again, only what I have read and I am no expert) and seeing as I am not an economist, I can't say the NAFTA shouldn't be revisited either.

From what I've read, the main issues with the TPP have very little to do with the US losing jobs. It sure doesn't create any or increase our GDP much because the majority of US manufacturing deals in capital goods, but the TPP (from what I read) deals with a majority of textiles and other things we don't manufacture here anyway less expensive so the economics gain is on the side of the consumers. Where it falls extremely short is the liability that governments incur from foreign firms and investors as described here: Tricks of the Trade Deal: Six Big Problems with the Trans-Pacific Partnership - Roosevelt Institute

It has never left, it has just been automated to a point that factories run with hundreds of employees rather than thousands.

I'd like to see Trump encourage people from manufacturing to explore options in emerging service industries...

America leads the world in value of manufactured goods.

Expecially considering large amount of the economy that the service industry takes up.

The problem is the lack of resources encouraging fluidity in the labor market and the lack of people willing to use those resources to retrain into other careers. My dad for example can fix anything: heavy Caterpillar tractors, vehicles, HVAC, saw mills, and manufacture some other things he needs limited only by equipment. Because he couldn't afford to pay people to come out to the job site to fix it, he had to teach himself to put food on the table which means I'll probably never know 1/4 of the stuff he knows. However at 48, were the logging industry to eventually become automated, he would be absolutely screwed. Despite his robust accumulated knowledge, he couldn't find a job doing any of those things because of occupational licensing and other BS. This is very common for many of his friends too, and starting at the entry level in a new career for someone who spent most of his life busting his ass is very difficult for many men to handle so they simply don't try. I've seen it with his buddies that have been laid off from high-paying oil jobs in the past year.

I would absoultely love to see resources similar to veteran transition resources that teach people how to leverage their knowledge on a resume and reduce the stigma of starting over. Mike Rowe might be a hell of a person to tap for this to establish public support.

The Facts About Modern Manufacturing | MAPI

From, lindy's link. This is the real problem affecting US manufacturing jobs.

American students are falling behind in math and science. U.S. manufacturers are increasingly challenged to find workers suitably skilled in math and science. No wonder: the latest international assessment of high school students finds American 15-year-olds below the international average in math literacy and just slightly above the average in science literacy. German, Canadian, Japanese, and British youth all rank ahead of their American counterparts in these areas. Policymakers at all levels need to focus on strategies to improve our math and science capabilities.

STEM majors, specifically engineering from personal experience, have a much higher make up of international students than people think. I was certainly surprised to see the number in my program at a relatively regional school in Louisiana of all places so I can imagine how it is elsewhere in the country.

What needs to happen economically is an overhaul of the dang corporate system. Transfer pricing for example. A firm with plants in multiple countries can "sell" each plant different parts of the whole to affect where it is taxed, thus, shifting the tax revenue to the lowest taxing country meaning the US is getting shafted in revenue. Don't forget the ridiculous regulations that allow a company to state the country of origin despite having a low percentage actually made there. Example:Top 10 Most American Trucks.

Unions are also just awful trade, jobs, and passing costs on to consumers. I was utterly amazed to discover that a Teamster at a company I had an internship at made no shit $70/hour to drive a truck and occasionally operate a forklift. They could have had two truck drivers and a forklift operator for that price. Not to mention, I was reprimanded simply for giving a thumbs up to the forklift operator that the forks were all the way under a pallet because the union workers were busy doing other things so I figured I would be helpful, but no "that's a union job". Speaking to other engineering students/oil and gas workers, unions commonly affect production for a myriad reasons, and union workers are almost impossible to fire.

Stuff like this and so many other stupid regulations that can and hopefully will be reduced by someone with Trump's business acumen would go a long way toward strengthening the economy. Better trade agreements are great, but there is a great saying about removing the beam from your own eye before you attempt to remove the splinter from someone else's. Sorry about the soapbox. I'm by no means an economist, but I do find economics absolutely fascinating.

So would he take tax privileges for marriage out of the equation as well? Would only those with religiously approved marriages be eligible for tax breaks? What about people who aren't religious? Can they not get married? Do you not see the holes in your own position?

I think you are reading too deep into my high level statement. I don't believe the Government should be handing out marriage licenses. Who you want to marry sex wise shouldn't be up to the Government to decide. Why you should have to pay the Government money to get married is ridiculous .

A national Constitutional carry would be nice but only via a rider of some sort as an EO could be nullified like Clinton did of Reagan's (forgot which one).

I think you are reading too deep into my high level statement. I don't believe the Government should be handing out marriage licenses. Who you want to marry sex wise shouldn't be up to the Government to decide. Why you should have to pay the Government money to get married is ridiculous .

Ok. Fair enough I may be. But Blizzard did say marriage should be up solely up to religion. That is why I quoted both of you.

Last edited:
Ok. Fair enough I may be. But Blizzard did say marriage should be up solely up to religion. That is why I quoted both of you.
If so, then I wasn't clear and my statement missed the point. The real point was government has no business in marriage.

What marriage is and/or looks like is largely a religous decision for most but that doesn't mean or require a person be religious; that wasn't really my point.

Back