Prior Service Marine to Pararescue

BrownZackery

Unverified
I'm an active duty Marine curious in the process and feasability of going from the Marines to the Air Force for Pararescue. Any info is greatly appreciated. Ive read the few posts on this, but wasnt really completely satisfied with the responses. Also any info on the difference between the AF Guard and Reserve would be appreciated, as I'm in the process of getting married.

I've given a lot of thought between the 2. But at the end of my days when I'm looking back on my life, I don't want to regret anything. And I'll always be able to say I'm a Marine. I love the Marines, and it's really tough for me to "switch teams" but I'd rather be in the business of savings lives than staying in the Marines.

Where are you in the process right now ? And what did you do as a marine ? Im a grunt right now looking to do the same thing

Where are you in the process right now ? And what did you do as a marine ? Im a grunt right now looking to do the same thing

This is a 4 year old thread, he last logged on over 2 years. You probably won't get an answer from him. Your best bet is to speak with a recruiter and find out your eligibility for a transfer, or to enlist in another service..

Oh wow didn't even look at the thread date, thanks . I have already talked to them I'm just starting my training as I transition out. I think I'll train up for a year then go . That way I'm as prepared as possible.

Oh wow didn't even look at the thread date, thanks . I have already talked to them I'm just starting my training as I transition out. I think I'll train up for a year then go . That way I'm as prepared as possible.

Why don't you tell everyone what they said, so that future people will have the benefit of knowing what the recruiters say?

Good idea, it's a lengthy process if you have prior service. You gotta have your dd214 and a dd368 form , this will release you from the inactive ready reserve. Then you will take the asvsb if you need a new score PAST test to evaluate fitness , if you pass the minimum you will then proceed to meps to do your medical screening once approved you'll be sworn into the air force under a PJ contract , after that you get a ship date . And then off to indoc

Good idea, it's a lengthy process if you have prior service. You gotta have your dd214 and a dd368 form , this will release you from the inactive ready reserve. Then you will take the asvsb if you need a new score PAST test to evaluate fitness , if you pass the minimum you will then proceed to meps to do your medical screening once approved you'll be sworn into the air force under a PJ contract , after that you get a ship date . And then off to indoc

So no transition course to the AF? Like a basic training? Did you have any medical stuff from your first enlistment?

Just combat lifesaver course and other stuff our corpsman taught us like tourniquet application and such. Recruiter was kinda fuzzy about the transition course for the air force e

Just combat lifesaver course and other stuff our corpsman taught us like tourniquet application and such. Recruiter was kinda fuzzy about the transition course for the air force e

I was meaning do you have any medical conditions, or service related issues, wounds, injuries....

Oh yeah I will give as much info as I can type . Quick question BTW have you or known anyone that used the Military athelete training program to get ready for indoc ?

This information is actually outdated as of right now.

All potential candidates (along with cross-trainees from different career fields inside the AF) will now attend the Phase 1 and Phase 2 selection process. Our officers have been doing this for some time, but the enlisted memebers just recently started following the same process.

Phase 1 is a 'paper board', where you'll be scrutinized for performance and leadership indicators in your career. Phase 2 is a 5 day physical, psychological, and leadership evaluation. You'll receive peer reviews, a myriad of physical tests, and a battery of evaluations from active duty Pararescue and psychological professionals. At the end of the week, you'll either be invited to indoc (and receive a class date) or informed that you weren't picked up.

Back