Prior Service Vet/OPT. 40 denied.

I was always told don’t come to regiment as prior service with out the tab, and your E5. Go through ROP and not RIP. I gave up on that dream, the more I got use to being lazy. But I have heard horrible stories from prior service, going to regiment, and then going world wide in a matter of months. However, a lot of those guys were shitbags…

I would just keep the idea, that you’re joining a different branch of the military and you’re a nobody until you earn your keep…

Good luck!

During my time, I saw more import tabbed E-5's leave regiment than stay (being a TL in the 75th is completely different from ANY other infantry unit, especially now). . If you want to come to the 75th from the regular army, do it as a tabbed SP4. Trust me, I know from experience. I was an imported tabless SP4! :doh:

During my time, I saw more import tabbed E-5's leave regiment than stay (being a TL in the 75th is completely different from ANY other infantry unit, especially now). . If you want to come to the 75th from the regular army, do it as a tabbed SP4. Trust me, I know from experience. I was an imported tabless SP4! :doh:

Yeah that makes sence, I am only going off what friends have told me. Back in the day I was all about being at 75th, running around saying ranger, ranger ranger. However I been a lazy turd for far to long, to go back to a 300 APFT and 11 min per mile road marches:)

That was another option someone had mentioned. But where as I'm prior service, I'd be looking at at least another year in a line, and then have to wait till either after deployment or untill the next deployment rolls around. Plus trying to get a school slot and all of that other crap. I know life is going to absolutely suck for me as a CPL (SPC the SECOND I leave my reclass) once I get to battalion. But I'm hoping that by paying attention, checking that, "I think I know what I'm talking about" attitude at the door, I should be alright. It'll be going back to the basics. CTT tasks, skill level one crap, THAT'S what I need to maintain. But there's a thousand ways to force entry, and the Rangers do it the only right way. So anything like that I know, forget it. I need to make myself mold-able. Then hope I don't get torn the eff apart as a "PV4" in Batt. In the end it'll be worth it. I'll be a Ranger. I don't really know though what to expect. I don't really want to know.

Ranger Rusty, how long were you in Battalion (if you don't mind me asking)?

You can try going to 82nd and earn the tab there. Once you are a NCO do the paper work for ROP. I worked at 82nd Pre-ranger as an instructor and can tell you its an excellent program. Plus THE DIVISION will be more than willing to send anybody wanting to go to Ranger school. Just an option. Not the quickest way though...

You can try going to 82nd and earn the tab there. Once you are a NCO do the paper work for ROP. I worked at 82nd Pre-ranger as an instructor and can tell you its an excellent program. Plus THE DIVISION will be more than willing to send anybody wanting to go to Ranger school. Just an option. Not the quickest way though...

Roger, just out of curiosity, from my AIT (reclass) if for whatever ungodly reason I can't get to BAC and RIP the way that RTB has told me about, what are the chances of telling my AIT 1SG I'd like to go to Bragg and have it actually happen? I know that I'll end up being needs of the Army, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Well it's kind of a known fact that if you get the boot from 75th, you end up in 82nd. You go world wide, but if your Airborne, there are not alot of places to go...

I was a tabbed E-3 for a week :cool:

You think anyone does? lol Getting to battalion is the easy part, staying there is the hard one!!!
Zactly!!

You can get the boot out because of 1 bad check.........at least it was that way, back in my day.............................

Did I just say "back in my day?":doh::(

Zactly!!

You can get the boot out because of 1 bad check.........at least it was that way, back in my day.............................

Old fart. Yes, you did. You forgot to tell him that you weren't issued boots either, you had to steal them from the commies you killed.:doh:

July 1999-October 2002. My three years prior to that were spent at NTC. :p

Irwin blah. I'm just hoping that going into Battalion with "Big Army" SOP/TTPs behind me, I'm not going to be all ate up. I'm willing to learn though and correct what needs to be (like I have a choice). I just don't want to look like an idiot because I don't know something. How was the change for you? (again if you don't mind me asking lol)

Zactly!!

Thank my lucky stars for debit cards. And that the Army issues boots...

I don't think they had checks back when my great, great uncle was with 5th Ranger Battalion...

the only thing you know is basic drill and ceremony as far as you are concerned.

just brain dump everything else.

don't even talk about where you were unless specifically asked about it.

the only thing you know is basic drill and ceremony as far as you are concerned.

just brain dump everything else.

don't even talk about where you were unless specifically asked about it.

Roger. Should I not show up to Battalion with a combat patch? Especially that which is not a scroll? I know I should be proud of where I come from, but I'm going to be a lot more proud of where I'm going.

Back