Prior Service Vet/OPT. 40 denied.

I'll make sure you have a welcoming committee! }:-)[/QUOTE]

Sheeeeet. Wow situational awareness went out the window on that one. Especially being we PREACH OPSEC... :doh:

Just a recommendation. Learn the Ranger Creed before you get there (im talking memorize every punctuation mark to a T). Same goes with the Ranger history. A shit load of people fail (or failed, who knows now) for not passing the written tests.

Roger, at the start of my reclass I bought the Ranger Handbook hoping that I could maybe get a headstart on some of what I need to learn. The History and the Creed are both things that I can honestly say I've read/recited at least 2-3 times a week. Once to my XO to prove they should actually send me. I fought my ass off and pissed pretty much my entire battalion off for this. If it wasn't for the 75th RR ABN LNO SFC S. I'd be up a creek. Our battery CHOSE not to send people. It wasn't because of HRC like we were told...

You mention the handbook, here is another heads up for you. First stanza of the Ranger Creed for the Ranger Regiment:

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment. <---The correct version

Same version, only in the Ranger handbook:

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers. <---don't ever say this in RIP or Regiment, or you will die.

You mention the handbook, here is another heads up for you. First stanza of the Ranger Creed for the Ranger Regiment:

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment. <---The correct version

Same version, only in the Ranger handbook:

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers. <---don't ever say this in RIP or Regiment, or you will die.

Awesome, thank you Ranger Boondock. I would of died 8x over then. That's the way it's in the handbook like you said. When one of our instructors called me out one day and had me recite the "Ranger Creed" I said "of the Rangers" and he blew up untill I showed him in the Handbook. He thought that it might of changed or something so thank you for the clarification. Other then not quitting/failing any other suggestions? I know it's all on me, but I can only PCC/PCI so much for something I know nothing of. I like looking to the unknown though. It'll make it easier to live one day at a time.

When did this place turn into armyranger.com? I'm thinking I'd like to be addressed as Digger digrar from now on....:p

Good luck with the course mate.

Thanks much Diggar digrar!

20 people have quit the class that starts on Monday. 20. It hasn't even started yet! I have a couple of friends that are absolutely hating life right now. Standing at parade rest for hours at a time. In the front leaning rest for longer... None of that matters though because I got to watch (some) of todays graduation ceremony. I have never felt like I needed to be somewhere so bad in my life. It's absolutely amazing to see those young soldiers now RANGERS who have worked their asses off to get where they are. I understand that RIP is just a stepping stone, but still an enormous accomplishment. I can't wait to be there.

I'm a stick leader in my class. My Airborne Sergent saw the CPL stripes and CIB and was like "Oh fuck yea!" I have about 45 privates and some pog officers in the "squad". Funny story though, one of the O's asked what our things (CIB) on our chests were. "are they foreign I've never seen those anywhere else..."

My PT's getting ridiculous now too. I've been doing 250PU daily just to see where I would stand after awhile, and after 4 weeks of that I've gone from 80 to about 120 pushups in 2 mins. WITH good form. I think I'm growing boobs too. Is that supposed to happen?

I've just finished inproc. and had plenty of time to make it to the gym. I will for a couple of weeks till our jump week. Everyones talking about going out for drinks but we have a PT test on Monday so that's probably a bad idea. HOWEVER, the offer is extended to anyone in the Columbus area, SAT night I will definitely buy anyone here a beer that wants one at Applebees or Chillies or some other respectable watering hole. My token of gratitude for helping me get where I am now. Either way, I'll update after tower week or so. Thanks again

... My PT's getting ridiculous now too. I've been doing 250PU daily just to see where I would stand after awhile, and after 4 weeks of that I've gone from 80 to about 120 pushups in 2 mins. WITH good form. I think I'm growing boobs too. Is that supposed to happen?...

They're called muscles not boobs. Wimmenz like them... ;)

LL

So you questioned him or made an excuse or tried to correct him?
Corrected him. And nooooow look like a jackass. It's a good thing he's not around. The new handbook is wrong though. Which means assloads of privates learning the Ranger Creed the wrong way...

Don't ever say that again.

And roger. Pectorals they're called. And apparently the wommmenz like them. :cool:

Corrected him. And nooooow look like a jackass. It's a good thing he's not around. The new handbook is wrong though. Which means assloads of privates learning the Ranger Creed the wrong way...

Right or wrong is irrelevant, you keep your mouth shut and take what you get.

If you tried that with me when I was an instructor you would have entered a world of pain that would seem like it never ends.

Remember this post in future, no-one wants to hear a recruit getting smart or even opening their mouth unless instructed to do so. Do it and suffer and rightly so! You have nothing to say..... yet >:{

Right or wrong is irrelevant, you keep your mouth shut and take what you get.

If you tried that with me when I was an instructor you would have entered a world of pain that would seem like it never ends.

Remember this post in future, no-one wants to hear a recruit getting smart or even opening their mouth unless instructed to do so. Do it and suffer and rightly so! You have nothing to say..... yet >:{

The only thing I had going for me was NCO courtesy. There was honestly no disrespect intended. I need to be the gray man. I should fair well if I do just exactly that though. I'm hoping so at least.

I can tell you are smarter that your actions in this case indicate.

Live and learn, mouth shut, move on.

You'll get your chance later on. :2c:

So tomorrow is BAC graduation. Jumping out of planes is a hell of a rush. All 5 jumps were clean. Srong exits, no entaglements or colisions and soft landings. Except for one, I pulled a slip a litte to early and ended up speeding up some and getting the wind knocked out of me. Other then that, too easy. The RIP instructors come and pick us up tomorrow. I have some inpro. and vehicle inspection. We dont start till late July but weve got leave midway between. Right now my only concern is keeping my chin on my chest and laying low. Be the grey man, do what Im told and graduate. Thats it. Almost there.

So tomorrow is BAC graduation. Jumping out of planes is a hell of a rush. All 5 jumps were clean. Srong exits, no entaglements or colisions and soft landings. Except for one, I pulled a slip a litte to early and ended up speeding up some and getting the wind knocked out of me. Other then that, too easy. The RIP instructors come and pick us up tomorrow. I have some inpro. and vehicle inspection. We dont start till late July but weve got leave midway between. Right now my only concern is keeping my chin on my chest and laying low. Be the grey man, do what Im told and graduate. Thats it. Almost there.

Remember, never, ever, ever leave your Ranger Buddy.

If the RIP cadre throws your Ranger Buddy's ruck over the hill, then you'd better be with him rolling down it to find it.

Good luck !!

RIP hold PT is awesome. The best PT ive ever done aside from my own. I dont start till the end of July though so that sucks a little. But thats plenty oftme to get myself into even better shape. Im not going to talk much about it though because right now life isnt as bad as it has the potential to be. Im looking forward to graduation in a couple months.

Back