PST Progress

Pengu

Unverified
Hey, thought I’d go ahead and get the ball rolling activity wise for this group by posting my current PST scores, as well as updating it every now and again.

Swim: Unknown. With quarantine going on right now, my gym closed so I don’t have access to a pool. I’m also concerned that practicing swimming without a coach might fuck me over in the future due to me reinforcing bad habits.

Pushups: 80

Sit-ups: 97

Pull ups: 17

I am very much open to any insight/advice that may be offered, thanks!

1.5 Mile run: 9:17

Hell ya man, these scores make me proud. When is your ship date? Are you contracted?

I recommend taking a video of yourself and doing a lap. Looking at it and then trying to tweak your form. Practicing the stroke slow and consistently doing it the right well will pay off in the future.

Last edited:
Hell ya man, these scores make me proud. When is your ship date? Are you contracted?

I recommend taking a video of yourself and doing a lap. Looking at it and then trying to tweak your form. Practicing the stroke slow and consistently doing it the right well will pay off in the future.

thanks! I’ll definitely have a buddy record me the next time I have access to a pool and try to compare it with the sealswcc side stroke video. I’ve talked to a recruiter, but have decided to take at least a semester or two of college to train up more. I want to be 100% certain of what I want to do, and I’m still looking at other Navy Warrior challenge programs.

Don’t let that recruiter bully you into doing anything on his time. That ASVAB only lasts two years before you have to take it again, so if that doesn’t fit with your schedule yet, don’t waste the time going to the hell which is MEPS.

@Pengu sorry I’m late to the game on this but great idea. My pool just opened back up so my numbers are as follows
Swim: 8:50
Push ups: 92
Sit ups: 97
Pull ups:17
Run: 9:35

I’ve been in the process of talking to recruiters for a little while now. Went to meps last July and long story short had to find a new recruiter. My new recruiter is saying that PSTs are still on hold but should begin shortly in my area. So hoping that comes sooner rather then later. How has your training been going during Covid ?

Back