Random Interesting Bits of History

The only response to being last is change: Either improve or find something else to do.

For the first time in my life I find myself around a group so intelligent and so experienced that I'm in the bottom half of my peer group. It is humbling.

For the first time in my life I find myself around a group so intelligent and so experienced that I'm in the bottom half of my peer group. It is humbling.
Said with no sarcasm… I’m super happy for you, it has to be nice to be in an environment where you don’t literally feel like everyone around you is a self-promoting, backstabbing moron.

The only response to being last is change: Either improve or find something else to do.

If you are not growing and evolving, you are stagnating.

I would not know what that is like; I am in the 99th percentile among my peers. OK, I kid. One of the things I do love about my job is being in a group that constantly makes me strive to learn and do better.

For about the last half of my career I felt the exact same way. SOF, grad school, West Point.

...but then I spent some time on the USARPAC staff and was reminded "Nope, there are definitely still a lot of people out there a lot less intelligent and competent than me."

And unfortunately, many of them were in charge.

you don’t literally feel like everyone around you is a self-promoting, backstabbing moron.

Slow down, let's not get carried away.

:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, we have a few bad apples, as will any organization, but by and large we're a group of men and women just doing a job. I'm a little upset some of them know my name. Grey man accomplishment: failed.

I would have been proud to go to West Point. But it was probably best for all involved, especially me, that I didn't :)

One of my good friends and I applied at Annapolis. He got in, I did not. It took me about one week after school started to thank God for unanswered prayers. He was getting his ass kicked; I was in a constant state of being hungover and going from party to party.

Would I have been proud to have gone? Absolutely. But I ended up where I needed to be.

1967: Mad man, absolute hero, gangster, legend.

2003: Criminal, Article 15, loss of pay/ rank, career ended. Still a legend.

2023: forced out for traveling without his COVID passport - NJP for breaking "General Order #1" - doxxed on social media by a coworker that has since undergone service funded transition, with a book tour and guest spot on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to talk about toxic masculinity and how white extremism has become rampant in the US military - BUT...
...still a legend

Back