Ranger Assessment and Selection Program (RASP)

This may be a dumb question, but when i go to a recruiter which will hopefully be thursday, do I still ask for 11b Option 40?

Wow!! Glad Regiment is still evolving. This is long overdue.

I actually had a similar thought about this a longgg time ago back in 05. But I never told anybody, lol who would listen to me?
I always believed that after 4 week RIP. There should be included like a one month Assaulter Training Course (ATC.. yes i stole it from something else!) And it teaches lots of driving, CQB, breaching, etc etc.

But I dont think they should have added it as one. Def first phase should never have its name changed from RIP.

Good Idea

I think its a great idea to extend the "RIP" process.. When I was getting out we were kicking alot of kids out who performed horribly.. At least alot of kids with little dedication/heart will drop out themselves in the longer program... Its a step in the right direction for a more refined and higher skill level Unit.

OK, I think it's a great idea that a unit is working to improve it's level etc...

My question is, are the Rangers overstepping/trying to upgrade a tier? And if so is this appropriate/useful/helpful?

I'm curious...

OK, I think it's a great idea that a unit is working to improve it's level etc...

My question is, are the Rangers overstepping/trying to upgrade a tier? And if so is this appropriate/useful/helpful?

I'm curious...

No, they are Bridging the Gap from the "old Days" when you had time to bring a new RIPER into a Sqd and Train him up to speed. With the current way/time frame/need of the Regt, an additional 4 weeks of Training is a great Idea and a Sqd gets a better Ranger with a whole lot more Knowledge.

Im still a firm believer that one should definately be deployed before he goes to school. What do you think...whos with me on this?

I think there are some exceptions but being a tabless bitch private in Regiment is an experience like no other. I have always seen a difference from the guy that came into Regiment without sharing the hardships.

Im still a firm believer that one should definately be deployed before he goes to school. What do you think...whos with me on this?

Combat deployment?

What happens when there are no combat deployments?

Rangers went though an extended dry period during the 80's right?

I guess if you call Urgent Fury, Just Cause, and Desert One a dry spell :p

You know what I mean wanker! lol

Besides thats about a week of combat over a 10 year period. :p

How much combat did the Rangers see in Desert One?

My point is, in theory the combat thing is a good idea but not very practical in the long term.

duration doesnt matter....people died.:)

I'm well aware of that.
You've obviously missed my point, which is, what do you do if the Rangers go through a period of non combat? Do you not send anyone to school?

I'm well aware of that.
You've obviously missed my point, which is, what do you do if the Rangers go through a period of non combat? Do you not send anyone to school?

ofcourse you would send them to school. Once they have proven themselves tactically, not just because they had a 350+ PT score. In times of non-deployment, there are several things that would measure competency. It may just take a little longer or it may not, depending on the individual. Point being....when you have a tab, the ball rolls quickly in BTN. When I said that I think one should deploy first, I was speaking of the present situation with the GWOT. If i missed your point, hopefully this clears things up. Make sense?

Do enablers go through RASP as well?

My guess would be they probably do the first half of RASP and then head over to Regiment for a little train up program for them specifically. With RSTB now in the loop I don't have a full understanding. Rizzo or HHC can probably make a call to some guys at RTD and get answers if you need them Sir. My contact is no longer at RTD.

ofcourse you would send them to school. Once they have proven themselves tactically, not just because they had a 350+ PT score. In times of non-deployment, there are several things that would measure competency. It may just take a little longer or it may not, depending on the individual. Point being....when you have a tab, the ball rolls quickly in BTN. When I said that I think one should deploy first, I was speaking of the present situation with the GWOT. If i missed your point, hopefully this clears things up. Make sense?

Roger that, make's sense.

Back