Ranger culture question

Well although a Roger that would do, your opinion matters to me so I will answer every question:

The last time I did pt was yesterday, I'm taking a day off today but I will still be working on my sit up count as soreness in my abdominal region will have little impact on my pt tomorrow and I will be rucking tonight.

I know the standards for push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups as I looked them up some time ago. I understand there will be more scrutiny on my pt tests once I enlist, and am doing my best to meet that level of scrutiny.

I usually crank out 6 pull-ups before my technique falls apart, I understand this is low and am working on it, as for the rest of my pt scores: 2 mile run-12:34 push ups in 2 min.:50 sit ups in 2 min.:70.

yesterday my pt consisted of a 4-mile ruck with 30 lbs on my back, and later on a nine-mile run and a pt test (I did not test my 2-mile run, that score was from two weeks ago). the reason I rucked such a short distance with so little weight was because I am currently working on my back strength and about two blocks into every ruck my upper back starts hurting, I don't mind the pain, but the potential for injury is concerning, so I need to build it up. I will ruck again tonight unless the pain gets worse. I weight lift 4 times a week, no pretty boy workouts though, my father has a very serious background in physical fitness and I told him exactly what he needs to train me for (to the best of my knowledge). on my "days off" I work on endurance. this is different every time based on what muscles are sore and what I feel I need to improve. usually, I ruck a short distance and then run distance with or without a weighted vest(10 lbs) or I grab my footwork ladder, head down to the high school stadium to alternate between bleachers and ladders, or I bike distance. Hell even when I play Xbox I'm working out, every time I get killed I drop for push-ups and when the game ends I max my pull-ups. I know that's retarded, but it helps keep me motivated, and it's improved my pt scores.

I have the ranger creed memorized, it's printed out and pinned to my wall, I read it everyday once in the morning and once at night to keep myself motivated and for the obvious reason of needing to memorize it.

I have a decent understanding of ranger history and will soon have read every novel written by ranger vets, I believe there is invaluable information in their stories. once I have completed all of those novels I intend to focus on more "practical" ranger history, for lack of a better word, as I am only really confident on my knowledge of the regiment post-9/11.

I have a copy of the ranger handbook and have skimmed over the whole thing but as a civilian, it's like trying to read greek, I can only understand small portions of the book, and even then there's plenty I don't get. If it's worth it for me to use google extensively to "translate" it I will, but I have never heard of any rangers who picked it up and read it before even enlisting, this may be due to them never being advised to, so if it will help me I'll do it.

I have not memorized Rogers standing orders, I will.

Thank you very much for your reply, I gained a lot from it. due to family matters, I will not be enlisting until June, so if there is anything else I can do that you would advise me to do I would be incredibly grateful for the advice.

No need to answer each question here.

Just a simple "Roger that" will do.

Well although a Roger that would do, your opinion matters to me so I will answer every question:

You just blew off a retired, highly respected Ranger NCO, a man who has mentored countless young men on their journey to a scroll. Carrying that mentality into uniform will cause you some discomfort. Taking it to RASP will be...."problematic."

Good luck.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the best parts were "Of Mottoes and Men" and "Swan Song," but that's just my unbiased opinion. Right @NomadicWriter ?
You just blew off a retired, highly respected Ranger NCO, a man who has mentored countless young men on their journey to a scroll. Carrying that mentality into uniform will cause you some discomfort. Taking it to RASP will be...."problematic."

Good luck.
I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to blow him off, I have massive respect for his accomplishments. I misinterpreted him. I thought Ranger Centermass was asking the questions and letting me know I didn't have to answer them if I wasn't prepared to for any reason. I will pay more attention to detail in the future.

I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to blow him off, I have massive respect for his accomplishments. I misinterpreted him. I thought Ranger Centermass was asking the questions and letting me know I didn't have to answer them if I wasn't prepared to for any reason. I will pay more attention to detail in the future.

Read more, post less. We have plenty of Ranger pics and videos now.

No need to reply to this post.

Yeah well that is a typical gay ass SEAL response. SEALs tend to think being a quiet professional means lying to everyone about what you do, while doing it, then writing books when you are done.

+1 like.

Dolphin shiners. How else do you think dolphins always look so shiny?

Last edited:
Back