Ranger School - some photos

Ravage

running up that hill
Ok, not sure if its RIP or Ranger School.

hs25fm.jpg

Rangers wait in formation to participate in the Combat Water Survival Assessment obstacle on Fort Benning, Georgia. The CWSA consists of a 40 ft high rise walk on a plank 2 ft wide, a rope crawl and drop, and a 70ft zip line ride. There are three phases in Ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

lfcjs.jpg

A ranger cadre watches a trainee drop 40 ft into a lake during his performance in the Combat Water Survival Assessment course on Fort Bennning Georgia. The CWSA consists of a 40 ft. high rise walk on a plank 2 ft wide, a rope crawl and drop, and a 70ft. zip line ride. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

2afiec9.jpg

A ranger cadre watches a trainee drop 40 ft. into a lake during his performance in the Combat Water Survival Assessment course on Fort Bennning Georgia. The CWSA consists of a 40 ft high rise walk on a plank 2 ft. wide, a rope crawl and drop, and a 70ft zip line ride. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

1oxe85.jpg

A ranger instructor explains to company of rangers the technical instructions of repelling from the 50 ft rock to his left in Dahlonega, Georgia. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

334ndw9.jpg

A ranger stands ready with his gear while participating in the mountain training course at Dahlonega, Georgia. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

2wqgawp.jpg

A ranger finds a good place to eat his first hot meal in days while tolerating the rain during the 2nd phase of ranger training called mountaineering in Dahlonega, Georgia. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

dvg26f.jpg

Rangers find a good place to eat their first hot meal in days while tolerating the rain during the 2nd phase of ranger training called mountaineering in Dahlonega, Georgia. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

2mzguc4.jpg

A company of rangers silently negotiate their way to an enemy objective while participating in the third phase of ranger training at Camp James E. Rudder, Florida. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

rauj35.jpg

A company of rangers silently negotiate their way to an enemy objective while participating in the third phase of Ranger training at Camp James E. Rudder, Florida. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

2j4dg7p.jpg

A company of rangers lay down support fire on an enemy objective while participating in the third phase of ranger training at Camp James E. Rudder, Florida. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

16lgqk6.jpg

Rangers secure an enemy objective while participating in the third phase of ranger training at Camp James E. Rudder, Florida. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

30042nk.jpg

A Ranger secures an enemy objective while participating in the third phase of Ranger training at Camp James E. Rudder, Florida. There are three phases in Ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

fbm49j.jpg

Wet ranger boots and uniforms hang from a clothes line after 72 hours of trudging through the swamps of Florida in the rain. Rangers are completing the third phase called swamp training at Camp James E. Rudder, Florida. Twenty four rangers were diagnosed with immersion foot after the hike. There are three phases in ranger training which include the Benning Phase in Fort Benning Georgia, Mountain Phase in Dahlonega, Georgia, and the Florida Phase at Camp James E. Rudder.

Ranger School.....no Mountain Phase in RIP.....

Great photos Ravage....I still have nightmares...

Thanks for rekindling my RS PTSD....LMAO!

amazing photos.....especially of that one with the RI talking to the group at mountains. I'm taking a pilgrimage back to Yonah to honor a friend this summer.

Ranger Quotes I remember.

"Whatcha' gonna do now PL?"

RI: Ranger, why the hell did you do that?
Student: Carpe Scrotum Sergeant
RI: Ranger you better tell me what the hell that means before I smoke the piss outta you
Student: it means "Grab sack, Sergeant". The squad was just hurting so I just made the decision to assault. Had to get them moving somehow.
RI...... alright Ranger, continue mission.

RI: Ranger, why do that?
Student: ummmm Sua Sponte Sergeant?
RI: Ranger, do pushups.

Student A: PL what the hell are you doing?
PL(a buddy of mine): dude, chill before I put an e-tool through your f***ing skull

Student: I recycled Vaughns Platoon so they sent me back to Darby

RI for recycles at Benning: Excellent ranger! Now you are tracking like a hobo on a soup sandwich.

Me (cherry O with zero deployments): so smitty do these missions seem realistic?
Smitty (batt boy with multiple rotations): Dude, right now, this s*** reminds me of Afghanistan...no joke

Student song(sing to the tune of Flintstones): Frago! It's the Frago! it's the never changing S-O-P! Left pocket, No you're right pocket!, now just hang it off your LBE!

RI ISG: Ranger, do you accept the recycle?
Me: Yes 1SG.
1SG: Why
Me: 1SG, even if I wanted to quit I can't b/c I'm an O and everyone knows it. And besides, my wife is deployed to Sadr city, her truck got blown up last week so my male ego won't let me quit especially when my spouse is going outside the wire daily in iraq. I've got a mech infantry platoon from 2/4 ID waiting for me to take over in Iraq so I can't quit because they need a PL who can suck it up and drive on....and all my stuff is in storage and someone else is living in my apartment..... I've got no place else to go.
1SG: *after laughing a bit and a smile* alright sir get the hell outta here. and for god's sake get a go on your damn patrols

I'll never forget it. The mist, the sunrises...or the sunsets....we had church one night at sunset...amazing

Why not ?

ah let me count the ways
1) if a button breaks it can be re-sewn by ranger. Bdus had buttons. velcro just gets mucky and doesn't hold, even a clean one after a couple washings is junk. so pockets on front of blouse and side of pants become un-reliable and worthless.
2) BDUs could hold well with ranger's ruck during movements since the crotch was double sewn. ACUs...not so much
3) front pockets were straight and kept stuff from falling out...great for extra ear plugs, q-tips, even the icom radio. slanted pockets, combine with velro that won't close = losing darn near everything out your pockets

anyone else?....

ah let me count the ways
1) if a button breaks it can be re-sewn by ranger. Bdus had buttons. velcro just gets mucky and doesn't hold, even a clean one after a couple washings is junk. so pockets on front of blouse and side of pants become un-reliable and worthless.
2) BDUs could hold well with ranger's ruck during movements since the crotch was double sewn. ACUs...not so much
3) front pockets were straight and kept stuff from falling out...great for extra ear plugs, q-tips, even the icom radio. slanted pockets, combine with velro that won't close = losing darn near everything out your pockets

anyone else?....

4) The camouflage pattern/color is gay

Student song(sing to the tune of Flintstones): Frago! It's the Frago! it's the never changing S-O-P! Left pocket, No you're right pocket!, now just hang it off your LBE!

Had I still been an RI and heard this song, the fucking writer would have gotten a major plus :D

Back