RASP Coming up ARMY wants a re-enlistment

OliveDrab45

Verified Military
I have a buddy recently slotted for RASP at the end of this month. His retention officer says He MUST re-enlist in order to attend RASP.

He will ETS March of 2015, Leaving a little more than 13 months on his contract.

He is told he MUST re-enlist for 3 years to attend.

Is this at all true?

Any information would be of help.

Thank you in advance

I am slotted for the same RASP class and ETS NOV 2015. I had no issues.

I'm not sure if this helps or not. I have gotten all instructions from HRC at Regiment. Maybe talk to them?

Just a heads up they have been changing the reenlistment windows. Right now the 2014 window is closed. Lucky L3fty when did you get your slot? I know that when I was talking to my retention NCO he said that I had to have 3 years left in order to attend CA selection if approved.

Just a heads up they have been changing the reenlistment windows. Right now the 2014 window is closed. Lucky L3fty when did you get your slot? I know that when I was talking to my retention NCO he said that I had to have 3 years left in order to attend CA selection if approved.

I got vetted for approved around August 2013. My ATRRS slot showed up like Dec. 1st 2013.

Not sure on this one. I know that for assignment to the Regiment you have to have at least 3 years of retainability, but I know if that has to be done before or after you graduate RASP.

Granted this is a little dated, but after I had reenlisted to attend RIP (now RASP), my remaining time in the Army had fell short of the three years so I had to extend for a year prior to heading Benning to meet the three year requirement.

I have a buddy recently slotted for RASP at the end of this month. His retention officer says He MUST re-enlist in order to attend RASP.

He will ETS March of 2015, Leaving a little more than 13 months on his contract.

He is told he MUST re-enlist for 3 years to attend.

Is this at all true?

Any information would be of help.

Thank you in advance

Since waivers and pre-requisites have been known to change in accordance with the "Needs Of The Army" overnight, I would have your buddy contact the Regimental Recruiting Team direct with his question.

75recruit@soc.mil

What Rusty and CM have said is spot on. He would need to re-enlist/extend so he could meet the Regimental requirement.

Sounds like I will be re enlisting or extending soon......

assuming I don't fail.

Hey people sorry I've been busy as hell down here. Anyways my buddy shipped out already with a 2 year extension on his contract.
It seems you have to have atleast 3 years retainability.

Thanks for the advice though no doubt.

"FOLLOW ME!"

Sorry to bring back an old thread but was curious, does the Regiment still have this 3 year minimum retainability policy to attend RASP? Does the policy apply to all MOS's, even combat support ones like psyops or civil affairs?

Thank you.

Most things in the Army, or at least in the USASOC realm, require at least a three year commitment.

I would assume yes.

Etype, thank you. Just confused about if someone signs a 3 year contract (say a 35F) with an option 40, would they have to extend to meet that 3 year requirement after RASP? Or are there only 4 year Option 40 contracts?

Thanks again for all your help.

Back