.Recon MOS

BITD they were split up as 8652 and 8654. Maybe HQMC is reverting to a similar set-up. There was even an 8662 MOS, IIRC, for "Parachutist."

Long story short, every (enlisted) Recon Marine is an 0321

From the linked article, you can see that 0321 is a PMOS while 0323, 0324, and 0326 are NMOSs.

Here's a screenshot from the MOS Manual (MCO 1200.17E, located here) explaining the different types of MOSs:
View media item 12
The old 8652/4 #s were BMOS, which no longer exist as a thing - I think the transition happened at the end of 2007.

Finally, here's the section on the Recon MOSs (pages 3-41 to 3-45):
View album 4

While I'm digging around on MCPEL and linking docs, here's two more:

• NAVMAC 3500.55C w/ CH1 Reconnaissance T&R Manual (This is mostly comprised of the Recon METL. Appendices include Acronyms, Terms & Definitions, and MOS-Specific Physical Standards)

Really! All of them?
Yes sir, the stipulation is that if you fail out of any one school you forego the pipeline and head straight to the fleet.

To answer arch_angel’s question, it’s really up to career timing (i.e. BRPC/BRC between deployments/etc). The schoolhouse will do their best to set you up for success.

Yes sir, the stipulation is that if you fail out of any one school you forego the pipeline and head straight to the fleet.

To answer arch_angel’s question, it’s really up to career timing (i.e. BRPC/BRC between deployments/etc). The schoolhouse will do their best to set you up for success.
That’s great. I was working that with some friends back in 2009 but wasn’t getting far fast. Good to see it finally went through.

Recent BRC grad here, 1-19. The training pipeline is a thing now. The junior Marines in my course are currently attending Dive —> Airborne —> SERE —> MMPC then heading to the fleet.

First off, congratulations.

Second, that's a lot of successive kicks in the dick:
13 weeks of MCRD
8 weeks of SOI
5 week of BPRC
10 weeks of BRC
8 weeks of dive school
3 weeks of jump school
3 weeks of SERE-C
4 weeks of MMPC

And if you fail any one of these at any point along the pipeline, you go straight to the fleet?

You Reconnaissance Marines never cease to amaze me. Privileged to support you.

Back