Religion, ethics, and morality

I've always said that conversations like these aren't usually for the benefit of the two people having them, they're usually for the people reading or hearing them and trying to think outside of their own "lane" or scope. I don't intend to question anyone's faith at all- truth be told, I am happy that you found something in your life that gives you peace or joy or a sense of "okayness". As long as you're not harming anyone else, have at it. I would say that for practitioners of all faiths. Well, except scientology. That shit's made up.

I understand your intent with what you said; I won't hit you on semantics or fallacies (lots, and lots in the bolded) or the like cause that's rarely productive...

... except for this one thing.

I am an atheist- I have zero faith. It's the lack of faith in any sort of higher power. I don't hate any deities, I'm not mad at anyone, I just don't believe in any of that. Ghosts? Nope. Elvis alive? Nope. Actual "miracles"? Never happened. All I am saying is, "I don't believe you"; so there's really no faith to be had.

Put simply; extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And after 20 years of being strict Roman Catholic and now the last 18 of being an atheist but still searching for that truth with eyes wide open, I have no reason to believe in any of that. I don't need faith to take that position.

For what it’s worth, I’d be willing to bet we share in our disdain for the Roman Catholic Church... but that’s a topic for another day I reckon.

For what it’s worth, I’d be willing to bet we share in our disdain for the Roman Catholic Church... but that’s a topic for another day I reckon.
I have no hate in my heart for them, honestly. Mom and dad still very active in my hometown parish, my kids go to mass with them whenever their grandma wants them to.

We agree (in part or whole) with the majority of our views, actually. Just different optics.

I have no hate in my heart for them, honestly. Mom and dad still very active in my hometown parish, my kids go to mass with them whenever their grandma wants them to.

We agree (in part or whole) with the majority of our views, actually. Just different optics.

I just have a lot of problems with the RCC’s obsession with the Papacy and manmade commandments over Scripture. Like, LOTS of theological problems.

Also, I promised to leave my checkmate against atheists until later but I can’t hold back now; how do you explain the miracle of rotisserie chicken?

I just have a lot of problems with the RCC’s obsession with the Papacy and manmade commandments over Scripture. Like, LOTS of theological problems.

Also, I promised to leave my checkmate against atheists until later but I can’t hold back now; how do you explain the miracle of rotisserie chicken?
Pffffft. You’re eating dinosaur, bro.

Crazy thing about knowledge- George Washington died without knowing dinosaurs existed. The first fossils weren’t found until after his death.

Imagine what we will know in 100 years.

Back