.Reserve Reconnaissance Recruitment Information

I have a few buddies who were 4th Recon out of San Antonio. They were all very solid dudes, knew what they were doing, trained hard, never saw any fattys and they had alot of opportunities back in the hay days of Iraq.

Glad to hear that, If all goes well that's were I will be Lat moving too!

@Teufel I'm in the process of joining the Navy Reserves as prior service. I was told by my recruiter that I would have to put in a package to transition from RC to AC. My Ultimate goal is SARC. Will I have to start the pipeline as a reservist or will they wait until I transition back to active duty to send me to field med?
I’m in this situation now being prior service and picking up HM. Is it worth it and will they spend the money to send you to school? I would love to get back to AD but I feel like the reserves might trap me. Are you happy with you decision or would you rather go 68w with the army AD?

I’m in this situation now being prior service and picking up HM. Is it worth it and will they spend the money to send you to school? I would love to get back to AD but I feel like the reserves might trap me. Are you happy with you decision or would you rather go 68w with the army AD?

The Navy will pay for schools if they support your billet. Back during gwot there was a ton of money for all sorts of schools and it wasn't hard to switch to AD provided there was a billet/need and you had the NEC, but now it's really difficult to go to AD. There's been a draw-down and they are really looking at the HM rating.

The Army offered me a 68w contract for AD do you think that’s the better option in your opinion?

The Navy will pay for schools if they support your billet. Back during gwot there was a ton of money for all sorts of schools and it wasn't hard to switch to AD provided there was a billet/need and you had the NEC, but now it's really difficult to go to AD. There's been a draw-down and they are really looking at the HM rating.
The Army offered me a 68w contract for AD do you think that’s the better option in your opinion?

I'm not sure I can answer, I don't know how the army does things.

I do know that they are always hurting for SARCs, see if you qualify past the screenings and get in you can pave your road in the reserves or active duty and potentially switch back and forth. But as a FMF corpsman your options are otherwise very very limited.

But if you're looking for active duty, go active duty. It is hard to switch from reserves to active duty right now.

I'm not sure I can answer, I don't know how the army does things.

I do know that they are always hurting for SARCs, see if you qualify past the screenings and get in you can pave your road in the reserves or active duty and potentially switch back and forth. But as a FMF corpsman your options are otherwise very very limited.

But if you're looking for active duty, go active duty. It is hard to switch from reserves to active duty right now.
The Navy recruiter told me I have to go reserves since I was AD already and got out after my contract. I’d like to put in a SARC package but it will probably be a long strung out process to get back to AD. I know little about the Army but they did say I can go straight to active duty I qualify for 68w. From what I researched they have a lot of awesome programs so that may be the best bet.

The Navy recruiter told me I have to go reserves since I was AD already and got out after my contract. I’d like to put in a SARC package but it will probably be a long strung out process to get back to AD. I know little about the Army but they did say I can go straight to active duty I qualify for 68w. From what I researched they have a lot of awesome programs so that may be the best bet.

If you go SARC you can easily go AD. SARCs, like army NG SF, can almost be on active duty as much as you want. For the SARC pipeline it's almost entirely AD.

If you go SARC you can easily go AD. SARCs, like army NG SF, can almost be on active duty as much as you want. For the SARC pipeline it's almost entirely AD.
Okay that’s good to know! Thank you for all the information I appreciate it. Sarc is such a small community so finding any information on it is hard.

@RStew -

Now that you've mined the information you sought out in this thread, perhaps you could take a moment to follow site rules and post an intro in the intro section?

That should have been your first post, and needs to be your next post.

Please and thank you.

@RStew -

Now that you've mined the information you sought out in this thread, perhaps you could take a moment to follow site rules and post an intro in the intro section?

Please and thank you.
Sorry I didn’t see that but you got it no harm
@RStew -

Please and thank you.
just did it sorry didn’t mean no harm I thought they just wanted a short intro in our bio. My fault!

Gents, does anyone have a POC for the 4th Recon poster that was posted at the beginning of this forum? I could not locate a career planner for E Co for 4th Recon. Rah

Did you try the number on this link? Company E, 4th Recon Bn.
Yes, it seems to be a number that is the cell phone of a SACO or hazing prevention guy. Hopefully I can join them as my current MOS and get to learn and train with some guys there. The prior service recruiter said it is a 0 month contract since I’m prior service which is pretty cool.

Did you try the number on this link? Company E, 4th Recon Bn.
4th recon just called me back, apparently they are disbanding the Illinois unit and moving to California. I might be better off at looking at the National Guard now since my legs are all tatted up and the Corps will think that’s unprofessional. I believe even officers in the Army NG are allowed tattoos...

4th recon just called me back, apparently they are disbanding the Illinois unit and moving to California. I might be better off at looking at the National Guard now since my legs are all tatted up and the Corps will think that’s unprofessional. I believe even officers in the Army NG are allowed tattoos...

That will be state and case dependent.

Back